The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Ffs I am out of here now. I have tried to help by sharing images etc. Break from here again like I did before. Tara
Dont go mate ,you are the life and soul of the party,me and you would be good mates if i lived near you,im a bit crazy also :LOL:

Is it smaller? Not in length due to flange distance, they will all be the same but it's like two 6'2 people standing next to each other, one is a Karlie Kloss and one if The Rock. The A7III is like a Supermodel….actually this metaphor don't make sense because the D850 is built even heavier and the Rock is technically taller but you know what i mean...

8H5YeJO.jpg

WvpY3uP.jpg

uNetM6D.jpg

Last edited:
It's middle class version of Banter. Usually suffixed with "ho ho" or "jolly good" while clapping your kneecaps.

Aw man, that’s the kinda claptrap you hear at Edinburgh Uni. Embarrassing for all involved, honestly.

Happy to do someone a favour. But at the expense of my order being cancelled, I am not. I’m not an idiot.

When my order goes through I’ll post it here, I was always going to. Next time I won’t bother. Save myself a telling off from the morality police.

Just reading back on some of the comments and noticed this. It's true - I do the same, if I see something that is ridiculously cheap to the point perhaps being a glitch (in my opinion) - I will hold off adding it to hotukdeals until whatever it is in my grubby hands. The amount of deals that expires etc once they are on that website is unbelievable.

So happy to share, once I know its been dispatched.

So here we have 2 sets of photos taken from the A9 and D750 @snerkler

Key differences having looked at the data is the A9 was shooting at 1/250 giving a lower ISO. I was meat to shoot at 1/250 after advise on here but went ahead at 1/500 as forgot!

Also A9 exposure was pushed up a bit. Something I didn’t do but should have done.

Also the A9 had the better light and position. I wished I had the D750 at 1/250 to really give a better comparison as think that would have made a big difference.

You can't really tell how bad the light was as both cameras do a good job of making it look lighter than it was!

So first up the A9:

Brendan A9 by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

D750:

Brendan D750 by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

The landscape shots are both iso4000. I’m not convinced the A9 is actually any cleaner, especially as the D750 image is already cropped.

Last edited:
So here we have 2 sets of photos taken from the A9 and D750 @snerkler

Key differences having looked at the data is the A9 was shooting at 1/250 giving a lower ISO. I was meat to shoot at 1/250 after advise on here but went ahead at 1/500 as forgot!

Also the A9 had the better light and position. I wished I had the D750 at 1/250 to really give a better comparison as think that would have made a big difference.

You can't really tell how bad the light was as both cameras do a good job of making it look lighter than it was!

So first up the A9:

D750:

I know you want to, but I don't feel like you will gain much from changing.

Most likely you won't notice the different in final output between the Sony and a D750 or similar but it's everything else that's the justification surely?

The final output was going to be partly my justification because but as you said, output looks similar so I can’t really justify a costly move!

The final output was going to be partly my justification because but as you said, output looks similar so I can’t really justify a costly move!

I'm looking forward to giving it a good test but so far at small resolutions I doubt I'd be able to tell my Nikon and Sony apart but that's fine, image quality's pretty good these days. :)

I'm looking forward to giving it a good test but so far at small resolutions I doubt I'd be able to tell my Nikon and Sony apart but that's fine, image quality's pretty good these days. :)

I think it was major GAS and wanting a new toy. It’s good though as it’s given me new settings to try when I next go to that venue.

Back