The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Perfectly - right click on the image in Lightroom, go to "edit in Topaz Denoise", straight in, edit, save back into Lightroom.
Cool, thanks. It's not exactly cheap is it, I might wait to see if there's ever any offers.

Hi, Should/Does Eye Auto Focus work if you are using BBF, and if so what focus option is best used when in the Animal option? Maybe I am doing something wrong but all the videos I have watched show the focus point reacting to the eye but I don't seem to be getting that on my A9, Thankyou, Russ.

Hi, Should/Does Eye Auto Focus work if you are using BBF, and if so what focus option is best used when in the Animal option? Maybe I am doing something wrong but all the videos I have watched show the focus point reacting to the eye but I don't seem to be getting that on my A9, Thankyou, Russ.
I use BBF and eye af works.

That‘s cleaned up nicely - what ISO?
The more you use Denoise the more you will get the feel of playing with the noise reduction and sharpening levels to achieve the result you want.

ISO 1250, I'm amazed at the sharpness it brought around the beak/eye and completely clean. Great bit of software.

One of my sisters used to make every shot look like that by fitting the wrong lens hood... not by accident but because she liked the look :D

My Siggy 12-24 has a 2-part lens hood, and if you only take the front section off then it looks like that too.

Yes, I had one of those in Canon fit. I liked that lens but I'm too tight to buy another for my A7.

Yes, I had one of those in Canon fit. I liked that lens but I'm too tight to buy another for my A7.

Mine (Sony A mount) was <£300 and works really well on the LA-EA4 - I'm never going to need eye-AF or subject tracking - and I think the A7III copes much better with exposure than my D610 ever did with the same lens.

A bit of lens po*n. The Voigtlander 15mm has just arrived. Now to find somewhere to do it justice without upsetting the curtain-twitchers round here, who think that going for your daily exercise means walking round with a frown and your hands in your pockets, non-stop. ;)

Voigtlander 15mm.jpg

A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f1.4. It's not the best rendering lens at f1.4 but at f2 it's similar to lenses which escape criticism and that makes it ok with me :D

yJIrQOV.jpg

vXbno6d.jpg

yH7aegL.jpg

PS.
I see banding in the sky which isn't in the original. Oh well.

Last edited:
We met several dog walkers today, and a squirrel too :D

Last edited:
Went for a long walk this morning in the heavy fog. Got to about 12 and the fog cleared, the sun was beaming and the sky was blue. Was almost like spring and the hats, scarfs and gloves had to come off. Ice was dropping off the trees all around it sounded like it was raining. Was lovely to see. It’s foggy again now.

Long story short I’m hoping to have got a few good shots of the dog in motion.

A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f1.4. It's not the best rendering lens at f1.4 but at f2 it's similar to lenses which escape criticism and that makes it ok with me :D

yJIrQOV.jpg

vXbno6d.jpg

yH7aegL.jpg

PS.
I see banding in the sky which isn't in the original. Oh well.

Nice images Alan. I do keep thinking I should give the 40/1.4 Classic an outing really. But I just automatically take the f/1.2

On her slow walks, day turns to night and back again!

I said to the other half about walking to her mum's with some shopping. We live up a hill & she has heart troubles but we done it anyway & took the Jack Russell with us too. 3 miles and she (they both! :ROFLMAO: ) done well back up the hill. New medication must be having an effect fingers crossed! Nothing rushed (like getting somewhere for sunrise!) but still good. I might even go for a quick run in a minute!!

Nice images Alan. I do keep thinking I should give the 40/1.4 Classic an outing really. But I just automatically take the f/1.2

I had the M mount Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 and the e mount lens is a completely different lens on my A7, much better. Is there much of a gap between the 40mm's? I'd expect it to be a similar story.

Went for a long walk this morning in the heavy fog. Got to about 12 and the fog cleared, the sun was beaming and the sky was blue. Was almost like spring and the hats, scarfs and gloves had to come off. Ice was dropping off the trees all around it sounded like it was raining. Was lovely to see. It’s foggy again now.

Long story short I’m hoping to have got a few good shots of the dog in motion.

We can never have too many dog pictures.

I had the M mount Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 and the e mount lens is a completely different lens on my A7, much better. Is there much of a gap between the 40mm's? I'd expect it to be a similar story.

From memory, the 1.4 Classic has that wide open glow and those smeary corners.....

Probably raging you named her Mistletoe.
Actually, she’s a rescue dog. She was found with a smashed back leg and missing a toe. So naturally when we adopted her I christened her Mistletoe. :p

Actually, she’s a rescue dog. She was found with a smashed back leg and missing a toe. So naturally when we adopted her I christened her Mistletoe. :p
Nice that she found a loving home.
Our dog Ben was also a rescue, with issues, but he's been a great dog. The grandkids love him. He's been with us 13 years.
He's 15 now, so we're dreading the inevitable.
When we got him, the rescue centre said he was called Jim-Bob.
I told my wife there's no way I'm wandering about the local park shouting "JIM-BOB" so we decided to call him Ben.

2021-01-02_12-51-05.jpgDSC03125a-2.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Back