THE BABYSITTER

Name
mel
Edit My Images
Yes
Got my studio kit 2 weeks ago and decided to try the gear out, and who happend to be the model of the evening......"the babysitter". thanks Toni :D

toniglam.jpg

I love the shot (y). Mind you, the square catch-light may not be to everyone's liking :shrug:

Would you mind linking to what gear you've used?

Thanks for sharing.

You have a plastic babysitter??? ;)

Seriously, what you have done to her skin is just a bit over the top as it looks too smooth.

no probs, Lencarta kit, 2 x 200w flash units, 2 x soft boxes, flash set at 3/4 power at 3 meters away

You have a plastic babysitter??? ;)

Seriously, what you have done to her skin is just a bit over the top as it looks too smooth.

LOL, its what she wanted for her face book picture, and who was i to say no.

my next evening out on the shandy is a free one

I'm sorry i really don't like the processing - her eyes are way too white and eyelashes too sharp in comparison with her skin - theres not a pore in sight! She looks like a really pretty girl, i'd love to see what a less processed version looks like:)

Anna

if anyone would like me to upload mater copy to "editing section" for anyone to improve then i would be greatful

I don't like how tight the crop is :( and I'm half inclined to agree with the smoothing. And picking up on what Wail said, the square catchlight isn't really to my taste :p

I think like a lot of portrait shots it's what the "customer" wants that trnds to dictate the level of PP.
The only thing that distracted me was the second highllight in her right eye as it looks like an arrow!
Great shot and lovely model

If a customer asked me for this I'd flat out refuse. I don't care if they're supposed to be right. This isn't a style I agree with and I'm not going to help keep it alive.

LOL, its what she wanted for her face book picture, and who was i to say no.

Thats fair enough! Bet she loves it, and bet all her friends are asking where she had it done too (y)

If a customer asked me for this I'd flat out refuse. I don't care if they're supposed to be right. This isn't a style I agree with and I'm not going to help keep it alive.

I don't like onions, doesn't mean to say I'm going to try to stop farmers growing them :shrug:

Personally I quite like the shot, great eye contact, don't really care for the square catch light though.

Telling farmers to stop growing onions isn't exactly the same as having a client ask if you do a style of photography. That would be like going into Venture and say "You guys suck!" The correct analogy would be someone coming into your shop asking for say a chicken but due to mistreatment in local farms you decided not to support that way of things and as such aren't selling chickens.

Come on guys, while all people wont agree with this style, he plainly said she wanted it for her FaceBook pic, whether we like this style or not means squat to a teenager :shrug:

Come on guys, while all people wont agree with this style, he plainly said she wanted it for her FaceBook pic, whether we like this style or not means squat to a teenager :shrug:

exactly :)

I said its not a style I agree with, not that it sucks. I don't agree with the editing of models to this degree. Why plasticificate (new word (c) me just now) people? Get a good make up artist with some good light and people are stunning. Don't turn them into dolls. Its something I strongly disagree with. There's an entire industry setup around this. This girl must have seen it in a magazine or something hence she asked for it. Its not something that I in any way want to help propigate around the photography industry. I don't want to inspire or make people feel like they need to be Barbiefied to look good because they damn well don't.

The guy posted the image here. I didn't go round to his house and say "Dude you suck."

Yer but the teenager isn't here. The photographer is :)

WOW, a few pros and cons there to take onboard, i did say its what Toni wanted and i did my best to please and achieve.i do compleatly agree on what has been said and thanks for all the comments. hope i can achieve better results that suit the masses on sunday 8th at ISL STUDIO LEEDS. thanks

Got my studio kit 2 weeks ago...

...and a free can of worms too by the sound of it! :D

This isn't an area of the forum I normally venture into, but saw your post on the front page so here I am. Got to say it's not really my cup of tea either. *** I love the way her lips are shining. Not sure if that's something easy or not, but looks cool.

thanks 68lbs, and your right about the worms, but then again, if it gets a rise out of members then i know im half way there...

thanks 68lbs, and your right about the worms, but then again, if it gets a rise out of members then i know im half way there...

Thats easy. Get her kit off ;) Or maybe HDR the hell out of her ;)

LOL

Back