The Belfry (“Brugge Belfort”) - Bruges

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
This is one of many pictures I'd taken during a two-night stay in Bruges with my girlfriend a week ago.

To explain the photo - In the square infornt of the Belfry is a model of the same building its mounted on a waist high table and roughly measures two foot high (while the real Belfry measures 272 feet) and three foot deep, surrounding the model is benches with people sitting on them and I got some strange looks while I prety much laid on the freezing floor to get this shot, but Im really pleased I did and like it very much.

For people who are interested the buildings Medieval, the Belfry was added to the main market square it sits on in 1240 and larely rebuilt after a devastating fire in 1280. Inside are 47 bells which weigh over 22 tons! We both decided to climb up the 366 steps for 6 Euro's each and glaze across the whole city.

model.jpg

That's wonderful, I'm also glad not to be the only one to get odd looks from people when getting into the oddest positions just to get the photo that I want (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheers buddy, thought I wasn't going to get any replies for this one actually, it all adds to the fun going that bit further for the right shot even though some people do think your :wacky: :D

Last edited:
Back