Yes
...so far....

Comments and crits gratefully received!

4075694994_74e28d1062.jpg

4075699794_624e76b988.jpg

4075709762_883f25bbaa.jpg

4075772178_b4babcf08e.jpg

And the star of the show.... a Bittern! Which are supposed to be rare :) Yay

It flew by the hide I was in and I managed to get this!

4075775790_bc5eb3bc4a.jpg

:LOL:

If #1 had a caption it probably would not be polite... love the chaffinch shots, very crisp and nice expressions.

Bittern - well any shot of these is a bonus so well caught.

Sorry though, he tilt on the Heron shot doesn't really do it for me.

If #1 had a caption it probably would not be polite... love the chaffinch shots, very crisp and nice expressions.

Bittern - well any shot of these is a bonus so well caught.

Sorry though, he tilt on the Heron shot doesn't really do it for me.

Don't really understand you're first comment? :bonk: edit: i get it now :)

The heron shot was the only one I could get :D It was near some reeds close to the hide and i had the 300mm plus extender on, and coudn't really move back any further than I did. :)

Last edited:
Nice work! At first glance I thought they were a bit on the light side, but it does give the shots a deilcate feel which is quite nice. I love the pose in that 2nd Chaffy shot.

Well done on catching the Bittern. They're not exactly rare -just really difficult to get a sight of most of the time.

Nice work! At first glance I thought they were a bit on the light side, but it does give the shots a deilcate feel which is quite nice. I love the pose in that 2nd Chaffy shot.

Well done on catching the Bittern. They're not exactly rare -just really difficult to get a sight of most of the time.

Thankyou :)

Love the chaffies, not so keen on the drunken heron and so envious that you have seen and captured a bittern, well done.
:clap:

Looks like you have caught the bug Sarah, nice shots, with the Heron just tell them you were stalking it and one leg started sinking in the mud (y)

I really do not like "tilted" shots, but sometimes as in your case needs must.

Looks like you have caught the bug Sarah, nice shots, with the Heron just tell them you were stalking it and one leg started sinking in the mud (y)

I really do not like "tilted" shots, but sometimes as in your case needs must.

That's correct - I was sinking in the mud :LOL:

Some nice shots you have here. I think most of us on here would consider it a big bonus to even see a bittern let alone capture it.

"I'm having no luck when I go out photographing recently. I go early to the hides - nothing. I go out at just before dusk - no luck.

Feel like I'm failing and haven't even begun

Not sure what I want from this thread, but just needed to vent my frustration."

Well! Well! Things have taken a turn Sarah :LOL::LOL: Lovely set, the Chaffie`s are some of the best I have seen on TP so well done :clap::clap:

"I'm having no luck when I go out photographing recently. I go early to the hides - nothing. I go out at just before dusk - no luck.

Feel like I'm failing and haven't even begun

Not sure what I want from this thread, but just needed to vent my frustration."

Well! Well! Things have taken a turn Sarah :LOL::LOL: Lovely set, the Chaffie`s are some of the best I have seen on TP so well done :clap::clap:

Lol, feels like its all come at once. I'm still buzzing after today :LOL:

Thankyou for the comments about the Chaffinch(es) :) :woot:

Took me 10 years to see my first Bittern, it was also at Minsmere so well seen and caught. I like the low POV on the Chaffinches.

Back