The big and the beautiful

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
So, there I was... Sat at home feeling a little bored and frankly not all that inspired to make good use of my time. Except to send a little Spanish red on it's great journey back to it's maker.

Anyway, I digress.... I thought I'd stick up a couple of shots that show that I don't just limit myself to the odd and obscure. So, here are a couple of wide open images from my other side.

tusc3.jpg

sail_at_dawn.jpg

I was even up early for that one. :LOL:

I really like them both. The mintyness in the first and the second one has grown on with the suggestion of vastness against the ship and the all encompassing light. What time of day was the first taken, it doesn't look like a golden hour.

I really like them both. #1 immediately. #2 was a bit of a grower.

A real small gripe with #2, the white part of the border makes it hard for me to look in detail at the waterline / horizon at the bottom of this shot...

Both are great work, keep getting drawn to #2 something about it.

No 1 has a real sense of scale.... and the colours are stunning.

Paul

Yep. Number 1 is fantastic - there's interest all over it.

Thanks for looking folks.

I probably have a version if no.2 with a little more sea in. I went for the really close crop on the horizon as it's just that bit more bold and hence, hopefully, dramatic.

What time of day was the first taken, it doesn't look like a golden hour.

Would have been a little after 5am but being very north scotland in late june, it's a whle after dawn. Worked out really well that day as there wasn't really much of a dawn and that was really the first light of the day.

I like both of them too. Can't decide if the frame is adding impact or taking it away :)

#1 is simply spot on imho. Right up my street. Second one is nice, but needs more.. I dunno... "meat" if you get what I mean? Perhaps a smidgen more water maybe?

Back