The Big Apple (Warning 20 Pics)

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Thought I'd share a sample of some of my snaps from my recent New York trip. CC welcome as always. (y)

1 - Top Of The Rock
NYC-1.jpg

2 - A bit cliche but you've gotta love those fake tilt shift jobbies
NYC-2.jpg

3 - Panning Practice
NYC-3.jpg

4 - A corner of central park
NYC-4.jpg

5 - Strawberry Fields - Tribute To John Lennon
NYC-5.jpg

6 - Reservoir
NYC-6.jpg

7 - This guy wasn't cheap, but he was quick!
NYC-7.jpg

8 - The obligatory Times Square shot
NYC-8.jpg

9 - Brooklyn Bridge
NYC-9.jpg

10 - First shot with the new Siggy
NYC-10.jpg

11 - Manhatten Skyline
NYC-11.jpg

12 - Ground Zero
NYC-12.jpg

13 - Sunset at Top Of The Rock
NYC-13.jpg

14 - Nightime over central park
NYC-14.jpg

15 - 2 Minute Exposure of Grand Central Terminal
NYC-15.jpg

16 - Battery Park War Memorial
NYC-16.jpg

17 - Stars and Stripes + PoW Flag
NYC-17.jpg

18 - Random Shot
NYC-18.jpg

19 - Cliche again, but a selective desat of NY Stock Exchange
NYC-19.jpg

Good set.

I would like to comment on them all but it maybe longer than your post :LOL:

There would be no crit, more questions really.

Thanks for posting.

Really great set. Really like the Straweberry Fields shot and the taxi. Reminder to self: must visit New York one day.

A fantastic set but for me 2 and 14 do it (y) and 2 by a long way is best. It's just interesting to look at.

Lots of interest in all of these, and I can see where your little planet came from now. ;)

The TS shot (#2) is very effective, but I prefer the detail shots and some of the overall views like #6 and #13. (y)

Thanks all for the feedback. I always think it's fantastic that people pick different pics as their preferred, and those are normally different from my own picks. Goes to show that everyone is different. :D

Tiler65, if you've got questions then fire away, it's what we're here for after all. ;)

Thanks again.

lovely shots mate - they totally capture what NYC is about. Loving it.

As a side note, picture 4, corner of central park, the building obscured by the tree on the left is the Essex House Hotel - where me and my good lady spent our honeymoon - overlooking Central Park in the snow on C hristmas Day - magical!!!

Well captured matey!

Anth

lovely shots mate - they totally capture what NYC is about. Loving it.

As a side note, picture 4, corner of central park, the building obscured by the tree on the left is the Essex House Hotel - where me and my good lady spent our honeymoon - overlooking Central Park in the snow on C hristmas Day - magical!!!

Well captured matey!

Anth

Thanks very much.

To be honest the one thing I did think whilst there was how fantastic CP must be when covered in Snow. If I get a chance to go back in Winter (Mrs wouldn't like it!) then I'd love to shoot some more.

On a side note I didn't realise until last night that I made a blunder with No10. Because the glass on the 8mm is so prominent the lens cap is two parts, the cap and then a ring around the top. I only just realised that I'd left the ring on, hence the reflected light. I've probably been shooting with 160 FoV instead of the full 180. Doh :bonk:

I really like this set, I think for me #11, #13 and #15 as they give a sense of New York (others do as well, but these ones stand out more for me, just my opinion)

Nice set, I'm glad you had better weather in NYC than what we did when we were there a few weeks ago.

We were quite lucky so I believe on the weather front, pretty much stormed until the day we arrived! After that it was about 26c each day which was nice but not too hot.

Some really great pics in this bunch.

I really like no.15 but please tell me how you managed to get it. I have tried some long exposure shots but usually end up with an overexposed shot.

Thanks for sharing

Elvis

Some really great pics in this bunch.

I really like no.15 but please tell me how you managed to get it. I have tried some long exposure shots but usually end up with an overexposed shot.

Thanks for sharing

Elvis

Thanks Elvis.

Simple answer to that one, ND filter. I only had a 10-stop filter on me which was mega overkill. I wanted a long exposure but in the end had to shoot at something like ISO1600 on 'bulb' to get the right exposure. The ideal bit of kit would have been a 6-stop ND filter, which I had left in the hotel room (doh). I didn't want to drop below F/11 because of the DoF, so going wider wasn't an option.

I could have shot at ISO200 to minimise noise, however this would have meant an exposure time of around 16 minutes, which would have probably just have introduced the same amount of noise back in as the 1600 ISO in the first place. Hope that makes sense......:wacky:

Stunning stunning stunning set :D Really makes me want to go back, it's an awesome place.

Gary.

Back