The Birds!

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
Just in the last couple of days my garden bird feeders have been discovered by a gang of raiding starlings. The other birds now can't get a look in at the feeders and now whenever I look at the garden it's full of the bloody things. It's like Hitchcock now. Has anybody any ideas on how to keep feeding the smaller ones but not allowing access to the starlings?
Cheers.

Starlings are on the RSPB red alert status due to a massive decline in numbers and with a bit of sun on them they are a stunning looking bird.
I've got damn wood pigeons and herons visiting my pond so I'd swap them for starlings any day :D

I would love to have a visit from a Starling or two but we don't get them where we are. As an example scroll down on this page for a few feeders you can buy, probably plenty on the Bay for sell as well.

Unbelievable that they are on the at risk list, I think I had every starling in the UK in my garden today!

Starlings are on the RSPB red alert status due to a massive decline in numbers and with a bit of sun on them they are a stunning looking bird.
I've got damn wood pigeons and herons visiting my pond so I'd swap them for starlings any day :D

did not realise they were at risk, and yes with the light they have fantastic markings (y)

I got rid of my invading starlings by banning peanuts from my feeders, simple as that. They'd gone within a day, never to return.

Back