The Canberra at Waddington.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Great to see this bird out at Waddington last week..:)

canberra.jpg

That aircraft was 'born' the same year I was :eek: Great to see one still flying.

It seems decades since I used to work with some ex-Canberra flight crew. Ummm... - it was decades ago - in the late seventies.

Great shot - and a good one for bringing back memories.

Good capture :clap: Am looking forward to Farnborough Airshow in the coming weeks as it's only a couple of miles up the road from me, so hopefully I can enjoy the day in my garden with the camera ;)

minimeeze said:
so hopefully I can enjoy the day in my garden with the camera ;)

How fortunate are you girl..:D You get all the action without paying and queuing..(y)

Eurofighter Typhoon just landed.

This is the most awesome plane I have seen at any display.

I have some shots of it in action but grabbed this ground shot which I liked.

Eurofighter-typhoon.jpg

good stuff Tim, very nice

Nice shots, good to see Canberras still flying - also a fan of the Typhoon :)

Thanks for sharing (y)

The typhoon is fantastic its soooo loud!!!

I saw it at Biggin Hill, not meaning to hijack

typhoon.jpg

Eurofighter.jpg

The Canberra brings back memories - they used to put me up in the nose and then try and tree clip to get their own back from me frightening them in the dental chair. Great shots - many thanks. 97, 98, 360 and 361 squadron flew them from Watton in my time. Those expensive darts are now roaring by over Ely so will have to get the long lens out.

Nice shot of the canberra - I have some of the same bird on the runway at Kabul International Airport (where the RAF Detatchment was based during Op HERRICK).
Had a chat with the Pilots, both of whom said it was dream job. Both men were Tornado/Eurofighter Typhoon trained and said the Canberra flew much better.
Nice.
We might as well drag out all the old Meteors as well and save some cash...

minimeeze said:
Good capture :clap: Am looking forward to Farnborough Airshow in the coming weeks as it's only a couple of miles up the road from me, so hopefully I can enjoy the day in my garden with the camera ;)
... me too minimeeze (a mile or so from the runway in Mytchett!) - didn't think I could get anything from my garden - this was my first attempt today! Hopefully my shots will improve with practice although I really do feel a sharper zoom would help :nuts:
jet1.jpg

Paul

little extra sharpening and levels may help. I might have gone a bit much here but you may be able to do more with the original.

jet1.jpg

you may not need a sharper zoom, just a bit more post processing. I just used unsharp mask at 150%, 2 pixels (could prob have done 1 pixel) and 0 threshold.

ppp said:
you may not need a sharper zoom, just a bit more post processing. I just used unsharp mask at 150%, 2 pixels (could prob have done 1 pixel) and 0 threshold.
PPP - Yeah that's smartened it up considerably! I think I did a bit of sharpening (didn't realise you could go over 100% - doh!) & I removed some camera noise - TBH I wasn't expecting much from my garden & was pleasantly suprised at the detail I could get from such distance (using a 70-300mm Nikon G lens)
Thanks for your efforts anyway ... Paul (y)

no probs mate, if you aren't sure then stick a pic in critique or sharing and the people on here will happily help sort it. I have same lens as you on my D50 and am well pleased with it, but the guys on here have worked wonders with some of my pics and give some really good advice to use on others.

Back