The Christmas Card effect......

Name
Darryl
Edit My Images
Yes
One of my first posted images taken with my new 40D.
I took this one today whilst I was on my break driving back from Scotland.

It's situated at a farm on the A1 just past Ayton.
As you can see there was quite a bit of snowfall and a lot more to come judging by the sky.

Your comments are much appreciated

The Christmas Card Effect
xmascardeffect.jpg

The Original, straight from the camera, no processing
xmascardoriginala.jpg

Like the original, and althought the procesed shot is nice it not to my taste, too much detail loss I think, may just be me though.

Have to agree with Cosmix, the original is much better. You must be chuffed with your new 40D though :)

Like the original, and althought the procesed shot is nice it not to my taste, too much detail loss I think, may just be me though.

we're all entitled to our own opinions

at least you took the time to look at it and reply mate....much appreciated

@toonamp- Aye....over the moon, takes a lot of getting used to with a lot more features than my old 300D, but now I've been bitten by the "togging" bug there's no turning back

Darryl

Last edited:
Sorry, but the shot full stop isn't doing anything for me. Just way too much junk. Wheely bins et al. I think just walking beyond the gate would have helped.

Sorry, but the shot full stop isn't doing anything for me. Just way too much junk. Wheely bins et al. I think just walking beyond the gate would have helped.

That one is to follow....;)

Oh i don't know, five minutes with the clone tool and a slight crop and conversion, i think the orig has something going for it definately :)

zt7sci.jpg

Hope you don't mind my tinkering, let me know and i will take it down :)

Oh i don't know, five minutes with the clone tool and a slight crop and conversion, i think the orig has something going for it definately :)

zt7sci.jpg

Hope you don't mind my tinkering, let me know and i will take it down :)

thats great mate....cheers

don't mind anyone tinkering, how else is a guy to learn ;)

That is a an improvement Lurch, having said that I still like the real life version as well :)

I think the 40D, or maybe the 50D will be my next camera Darryl.

That is a an improvement Lurch, having said that I still like the real life version as well :)

I think the 40D, or maybe the 50D will be my next camera Darryl.

well I for one can truly recommend the 40D....apparently there's not all that much difference between the two

good luck with your choice mate(y)

nice pics, both original and edited...

lurch that pic is realy good and tulipone that pic reminds me of a card i'd get off my grandma :LOL:

very nice Tulipone.....

I have much the same image Ive been playing with also...great minds think alike

(y)

haha.. it is a nice effect but i just couldn't help posting what popped into my head.. 'sorry'

Back