The crew from Galaxy Radio in Manchester

S

Sean_Mcr

Took a few street shots today, and came across this lot in town

Nice bunch, started shooting them, the chap asked me who i worked for. I just said i like street shots, got talking to them all and got this shot of them, which i've just now sent on to them

http://www.pbase.com/image/56654668

Looks like a pro publicity photo :)

Shame the background is not more OOF.

I like the second one too. Nice reflection.

you got to love local radio, nice shot, agree about the first and i like the second...

Cheers, Robert.

I like the background actually, but i should have knelt down a little that's for sure

The old guy was a really nice old soldier, real shame. I might track him down again soon, really interesting man

I actually think the blond liked me lol, called me back and asked me my name as i was going, you know when you get that feeling.

Never happens when you're single!!

Cheers lads

Sean_Mcr said:
I actually think the blond liked me lol, called me back and asked me my name as i was going, you know when you get that feeling.

Cheers lads

you lucky sob! :p Looks like I better start street photographing. :D

Youve got some corkers there Sean, and with your other stuff, they make for a very impressive set of shots.

Inspires me to get off my arris and get out round Manchester myself.

Always open for a few beers and a few shots around town marcel.

Nice one fellas

Sean_Mcr said:

Tch tch.. a little more professional detachment called for I think Sean. ;)

Actually, I think it's because you have that married man's air of doom and they just do it to wind you up. :D

Nice shots btw.

LOL Love the title of that one.

That reminds of a big issue seller there used to be around Manchester (think he's still 'going')...His sales pitch was really funny...

"Buy the Big Issue, It's not just a magazine to read. You can read it, use it as emergency loo roll, or even use it as a firelighter...Two free staples with every issue.."

Stuff like that. Made me giggle anyway.

Isnt that Robbie Williams in the first shot - the one on the right;)
Good shot but as mentioned the background is so sharp aswell that if it wasnt for the ladies you might be distracted;)

Second shot is a great one, excellent perspective of the street artist with the public passing him by - just looks like your totally froze time for a second.

Great shots:thumb:

Sorry, a bit off topic Sean, but me and Marcel have actually seen you before :) Well, not sure if marcel cought you but i saw you :)

http://www.pbase.com/sean_mcr/image/55496749

You were taking that shot, just behind the giant gold buddah where people were putting in sticks of incent, i was stood behind you thinking damn i wish i'd have got that shot ;)

Chineese new year in China town, manchester :)

Jonny are you sure?
Looking at the EXIF, it says it was 16:30ish. By that time we'd left.
Unless his camera time is wrong.
The date certainly is wrong though, it says the 30th, it was the 29th ;)

As a side note.

This guy
http://www.pbase.com/sean_mcr/image/50632904

I went to his wedding :) He married my mate...hehe

Marcel said:
Jonny are you sure?
Looking at the EXIF, it says it was 16:30ish. By that time we'd left.
Unless his camera time is wrong.
The date certainly is wrong though, it says the 30th, it was the 29th ;)

As a side note.

This guy
http://www.pbase.com/sean_mcr/image/50632904

I went to his wedding :) He married my mate...hehe
Pretty sure i did, he was carrying the leather case to some form of L in his hand, must have been quite a small one looking at the case. He was with some family, had a 20d round his neck ;)

Another great set of Street Photos - takes me back to the Picture Post photographers - there showing my age!

Great shot Sean ... shame the only one with the loudspeaker is the only one with his mouth SHUT ! Ha !

Nicely took m8 !

Nah it's ok john.

I was around there for a while, cold that day i tell you.

But the food was lovely :D

Those links don't seem to work?

Yup, I went to his wedding, a friend of ours met him on holiday in Gambia, eventually he came back over here and they married.

I've got a photo of him, I'll upload it later. I'm 99.5% certain it's the same guy.

There's one MEN seller in Manchester, I think he's still there. A few years ago me and my friend stood there for a while trying to decipher what it was he was shouting.

We concluded it was the word B*****ks, we were sure of it.

Marcel said:
There's one MEN seller in Manchester, I think he's still there. A few years ago me and my friend stood there for a while trying to decipher what it was he was shouting.

We concluded it was the word B*****ks, we were sure of it.

Two of the mian requirements for being employed as a newspaper seller are that you must not be audibly legible and your personal hygene must be questionable..........I could tell you some stories! :smilenod:

Liberalis said:
O/T Your in Wolves ? before moving to this rock, I'm from Wombourne, grew up in Shrops ... small world!

I lived in Common Road in Wombourne for 18 months, living in Telford now.

Small world indeed!

I took the shots off Marcel once John confirmed they wasn't of you two.

How goes it Mr Green? How much sort of dough do sellers get Ste? Big issue sellers get about 60p a mag, i know they have to buy them first.

We have one where I am based in Cannock, he earns about 8p per copy plus a tenner for turning up, equates to around £18 a day.

Even more off topic, when I started 17 years ago at another office, we had a seller there who sold well over 500 a day and took two foreign holidays a year........we all queued up to cover for him when he went, sadly though the same pitch now does about 100-150 a day, such is the decline of newspaper sales :hissyfit:

60P a shot shows you really that the big issue can help people, even if it's not a huge amount. it's something. Not all big issue sellers are homeless, i'm not bothered if they aint . I've seen kids i went to school with selling them, and kids from where i was brought up selling them, drug habits ect but not homeless. Stops some grafting, and i don't mean 9-5. Many a big issue seller will be claiming, but when the chips are down, you have to do what you have to do to get by

Back