:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

IMG_8920_800.jpg

IMG_8926_800.jpg

IMG_8934_800.jpg

IMG_8939_800.jpg

IMG_8956_800.jpg

IMG_8961_800.jpg

IMG_8966_800.jpg

I managed to get a question I submitted asked to him in the Q&A session this morning. :geek:

I think it's pretty cool the Dalai Lama answered my question. :woot:

:LOL:

My question was along the lines of:
Children are usually seen as innocent and pure. Yet some times, they exhibit selfish behaviour. For example, not sharing a toy. Does this mean that basic human nature is selfish, and we have to learn to be better than our natural behaviour?

(Not word for word, of course. But I have ordered the DVD of this morning's session.) :nuts:

And his answer?

He is wise because he has thought through a lot of things about life and people. He is wise and humble because he always states that what he says is his opinion, and it is up to you to question and think for yourself.

I wouldn't attempt to repeat what he said here, because I would probably say it wrongly. Basically, he said that the child's survival instinct is the reason for showing selfish behaviour. The child has no real ill intent, and does not mean to cause any harm. Something like that. :)

Children are young humans displaying anumal instinct for survival - i.e. I have it so it's mine and if you want it you will have to try and take it.

Call me Daddy Lama :)

And im a child at heart so.. Im going to tell the wife now.. SORTED!!!!:woot:

Finally got the DVD, and here is the question and the Dalai Lama's answer. It's a bit long, and he does go off in a tangent in the middle, but I still got my question answered by the Dalai Lama. :D

[YOUTUBE]aPlbbYZhXKA[/YOUTUBE]

He sounds like YODA.
Hmmm when you reach 500 years, this good you look Hmmm.

hahahaha firstly, you never expect to see the title of this thread ANYWHERE.

secondly, im loving the matching visar.

He does sound a bit like Yoda. :LOL:

Back