The Deep

Edit My Images
Yes
Took me longer to go through my images than it did Ribby, I ended up taking 39 shots at lunch, Doh.

Anyway here's a few of mine that I've quickly touched up from our trip to The Deep at lunch.

DeepBridge01.jpg

This is a shot of Ribby on the bridge.

SeaBarrier01.jpg

The Sea Barrier

GlassReflections.jpg

Glass Reflections

BridgeTower.jpg

Bridge Tower

BridgeDetail01.jpg

Bridge Detail

Who is the bloke in the first pic? Is he a professional model?

Ha Ha v.funny :) Yeah I did speak to him, asked him to strike a pose or two. Silly B****rd (Sorry forgot about language Sensor) stood at the back of the bridge for this shot though.:laugh1:

Notice how I'm always looking down at my camera? At that precise moment I was thinking "I've never seen that button before, wonder what it does."

And should I be worried that you keep taking shots of my rear? :suspect1:

Not a bad set of pictures but I'll point out what I noticed the first time I looked at them. Exposure and focus is pretty much spot on for all the shots as is the depth of field used, the composition I think could have been improved slightly though.

The first shot has a very dark pathway on the bridge and it is a little overpowering. Also the top of the railing falls exactly at eye level. By getting lower down and angling your camera up slightly you could have reduced the amount of path and also introduced leading lines (from the barriers/railing) into the shot from both below and above on the right hand side, we would have also seen some of the rivet details too. Another variance of this shot would have been from exactly in the middle of the pathway to have the leading lines on both sides ;)

The second shot is fine but the verticals could do with either having their perspective corrected or the picture being framed with the main corner upright being vertical and the others leaning in from both sides to keep the balance. This shot is all about symmetry so I think its quite important.

I like the third shot quite a lot, again I think that keeping the verticals vertical would help here. Reflection shots can be done in several ways, but its always nice to play around with the focal points, try varying them in different shots to be on the building or actually on the reflection, sometimes one can work better than the other depending on the scene.

The last two are fine, but just like Arkady has done in the other thread some colour/contrast boost would help, specifically in the blue channel. The last one is very slightly off symmetrical wise.

Overall a good set which you can learn a great deal from, my points are only minor changes which for me would improve your shots a great deal. I hope I have not come across negatively as my comments are intended to help and offer a different perspective? :)

Thats spot on steve, thanks. Hadn't looked properly at that hand rail in the first shot and I know that the symetry is out on the Yellow bridge detail (Thats corrected A LOT from the original!), I think I'll go back to the raw and start again with that one and takle more time and care in the Perspective crop I make.

Thanks for the critique, very helpfull. :)

DeepBridge02.jpg

Steve said:
Another variance of this shot would have been from exactly in the middle of the pathway to have the leading lines on both sides
Is this more of what you were talking about Steve?

Back