The dollar is falling!

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Shall we hold out on our new lens purchases! I want a 50mm 1.4 and it's dropped in price by a couple quid in the last few days to 218.99 at Jacobs. Still seems pricey really.

What do you reckon. I neeeed one by June 20th. :bang::bang:

just buy now if you need it that soon, the price drop in that time period will be pretty minimal. It's also the excahange rate against the yen that you really need to be watching which is also moving in the right direction for us..

If the yen dropped now, probably take a month or so longer to hit the market prices

I believe it's the dollar, not the yen (aside from the fact the pound is now better against the Yen than it was when I visited Japan last May).

Shall we hold out on our new lens purchases! I want a 50mm 1.4 and it's dropped in price by a couple quid in the last few days to 218.99 at Jacobs. Still seems pricey really.

What do you reckon. I neeeed one by June 20th. :bang::bang:

£220 is a fair price I would say...I bought mine for around £300...

Small changes in exchange rate are not going to make a big difference in the prices of equipment. Most companies set up a fixed exchange rate figure for a period of time, i.e. 6 months, or 12 months. So I would not expect a big price change for a while yet.

Back