The Early Bird...

Name
Simon Everett
Edit My Images
Yes
It was mighty cold first thing. After sticking my head out through the door at 01.30 to check the weather and sky, I grabbed a couple of hours sleep and then back out the door by 05.15. Scraped the ice off the windscreen and let the car warm up while I grabbed a coffee and checked the batteries were all fully charged and cards were in.... 1 battery inside my fleece as I drive the 5 miles or so to my chosen spot.... get everything ready in the car, nice and warm and hop out to launch. With 20 seconds of getting everything linked up the 'LOW BATTERY' warning flashed up, I had 30%. The cold had killed it, it was -2 and the sun was only just about to pop over the horizon. So I had to be circumspect, the shot I was going to get had to be abandoned for another day, it was too far to fly, get the shots and get back again. In fact I doubt it would have got there even. I spun her round and flew to line up for this one, just for myself, sometimes you have to feed your soul as opposed to the bank account.

The daft thing is, after getting this shot the battery went to CRITICALLY LOW WARNING and I brought her straight back down to me. Put the battery inside my fleece to warm it up and got back in the car to head off for another possibility... 20 minutes later the battery was showing 4 green lights again. Be careful, these drone batteries really do not like the cold. The electrons were in there, but they couldn't get out. I was pleased enough with what I got though. I was back home by 06.45.

Dove valley.LR-0266.jpg

WoW that really is a great shot - very surprised that nobody has commented on it , I only just came across this as I was looking back through the Landscape forum ..

Coho-Blue

Very nice indeed, well done, perseverance pays off ;)

Back