The Enchated Castle

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
We went to Crathes Castle an NTS property in Aberdeenshire, on Saturday night for The Enchanted Castle light show.
The castle was lit up with a kinda slide show.
I tried shooting at a low ISO but with the longer shutter speeds all the colours merged into one.
I upped the ISO to 3200 to hopefully freeze the "action"
All taken with the 5D2 and 24-105L

Enchanted Castle 1 by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Enchanted Castle 2 by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Enchanted Castle 3 by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Enchanted Castle 4 by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

nice set No4 does it for me- very well captured (y)

Les ;)

Some great pictures here.

I was for the 2012 show but the images projected onto the castle weren't as nice as these, so I focussed on the trees and colours.

Will have to upload some of mine.

Jeezo, I didn't expect another reply to this thread but thanks all the same - much appreciated (y)

My first shots were a mess and it wasn't until I upped the ISO to 3200 that I got anything worth keeping.
Look forward to seeing your shots.

Off to have a peek at your Flickr Page :LOL:

Mike

Jeezo, I didn't expect another reply to this thread but thanks all the same - much appreciated (y)

My first shots were a mess and it wasn't until I upped the ISO to 3200 that I got anything worth keeping.
Look forward to seeing your shots.

Off to have a peek at your Flickr Page :LOL:

Mike

haha!

yeah I had the thought today to upload some pics, so thought I'd search and see if anyone else had been there, but apart from your pics, no one else seems to have done.

I had my trusty redsnapper tripod so my pics were taken at ISO 100, f11 and 30+ second exposures.

the theme was fantazia last year, so on the castle was projections of a wizard so not really that photographic.

Well done, something different..............(y)

Back