The Exe Estuary

JPL

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Canon 5d mk4 Samyang 14mm lens. 12images 10sec f2.8 various exposures to retain highlights in the mid ground and to retain some detail in the foreground trees. Shame the cloud would never disappear to the south over Dawlsh and Teignmouth.A42D2A21-C956-4874-92D0-345EF6094A82.jpeg

Where's that from, John?

Excellent work ;)

Where's that from, John?
It’s from the viewing area up near the obelisk on the top of Haldon. Not been up there for a while and did not realize that the trees had grown so much. Exmouth on the left Starcross / Dawlish Warren center and I presume the top of Dawlish right. Confused me at night as I had no idea that the Starcross area was so lit up, mixed it up with Exmouth.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what you mean about Starcross! Looks like a few houses strung along the road but it's huge now!

Not been up to the obelisk for years - used to go a lot when we were kids.

I'm Exeter based and spend some time at the top of the hill in Exminster so the view (in daylight!) is quite familiar but slightly different.

It's beautiful. I'm so envious of people like yourselves who can take stunning MW images.
Lee

Reactions: JPL
You're brave going up there at night, last time I went up there it was teaming with doggers. Not a problem but bleeding distracting and there's always one who takes exception to a camera

You're brave going up there at night, last time I went up there it was teaming with doggers. Not a problem but bleeding distracting and there's always one who takes exception to a camera
It's generally the norm for us astrophotographers and astronomers, to frequent the same dark spaces that doggers enjoy. Haha

Lee

No problems at 4 am just two camper vans and no one around. Probably a bit cold as well. You could of always offered to film them for posterity.

Back