The Foreman

Edit My Images
No
IMG_0931-01.jpg

Went to pick up the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L that I'm renting over the weekend and this guy, along with his mate, were both down the road. I chatted to them (apparently he used to be a foreman, hence the title) and took a few pics. I've rushed this one a bit as I have to go out tonight but it seemed like the best of the bunch from my quick look.

It's about a 50% crop. Apart from that just the usual - exposure, contrast and sharpening.

Excellent character shot - really shows his facial features. Might have liked to have seen his eyes though.

regards

Excellent and full of character.

That nose must have cost a fortune (in the pub)

stepheno said:
Might have liked to have seen his eyes though.

Yeah, that's the main thing I wasn't happy with. His mouth and eyes were both dark. I did a dodge/burn job (can never remember which is which) on his mouth and it worked ok. Tried the same on the eyes but it looked crap. Feel free to have a bash if anyone wants.

quick job and he scares me now!

did you try just making a feathered selection of the eye area and then adjusting the levels a bit? Ok, it's not perfect but it's a bit tricky on a small image at 72ppi!

great character as already said, scares me!!

Nice shot Jamey! I'd clone out that head just visible at bottom right - it's very distracting. Gandhi has described the best technique for dealing with the eyes - a feathered mask, and usually you can apply a little selective sharpening too using the same mask.

Back