The Glyderau. Snowdonia National Park.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Two images one straight process the other HDR.

#1 LINK to larger image
2309234359_47313c479e.jpg

#2 LINK to larger image
2309731359_328e4f7733.jpg

Lovely detail in the rocks, I think the sky is a little too blue for me in the HDR one. Oh and your links are upside down.:D :LOL:

Got to agree with hillwalkinggirl on this one, was there last year and you have done a great job with pics...................

Personally I like the HDR one more, mainly as the first one doesnt seem to have too much colour in apart from the greeny brown of the ground. HDR seems to have brought out more colours in the rock and the sky looks very nice. It may be slightly over cooked in HDR but its by no means garish to me at least :)

your links are mixed up btw. I like the shot, but im not sure on the HDR i am going to have a little play on photoshop

2003415788676455544_rs.jpg

just tried to give it more of a HDR look without looking too oversaturated. Just my opinion though

i like the sky detail in the HDR, it got a 3D feel to it, albeit a little too BLUE!.. with the land, im not sure if you've brought out too much midtone?? it looks over exposed without blowing ..

Dave, your one hit the spot imo.. a very moody place that looks..

Its a special image in its own right Kiss, very nice indeed...

Both great shots:) Love the HDR sky!

A tip I found for HDR was to overlay the original image as a new layer on the HDR image, and set the opacity to slightly mute the oversaturated HDR tones. I did it with a couple of mine, and it worked a rtreat (at work just now, don't have the link handy though...)

Fantastic shot there! Personally, I'm not a fan of the HDR, and I can't help but think an ND Grad would have done you more favours. Otherwise, the detail in the ground is spot on. :)

Back