The Good Book Thread

Ashers

Suspended / Banned
Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought id start this book thread for people to recommend books.

Im currently reading Pies and Prejudice, about the north of england and what the differences are between the good kind outspoken friendly northerners and the ultra fashioniable, cold, south and going through various northern towns giving a brief history with a comic twist, a good book which id give 8/10, a bit like a travel guide for the north of england, even tho it does include yorkshire

9780091910235.jpg

/\ Might give that one a read thanks Ashers. Good idea for a thread.

I recommend 3 books, of the more fantasy adventure sort. I can't pick just one. :(
I'm not very good at explaining things, but they are so worth the read even if you don't like that kind of books.

1st is 'The Book of Lost Things' by John Connolly.

2nd is 'The Stolen Child' by Keith Donahue.

3rd is 'The Time Travellers Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger

i also loved this book, Creed by James herbet

"Joseph Creed is a paparazzo, one of that un-illustrious band of photographers whose sole purpose in life is to chase and harass celebrities for candid shots, preferably of the seedier kind. Creed, himself, is a sleaze of the first order, but good at his job; nothing will stop him getting the right shot. He's a coward, a liar and a would-be blackmailer. He's also a womaniser and a divorcee. He looks a little like the actor Mickey Rourke (and is aware of it). After the funeral ceremony of a major Hollywood actress, he photographs a man of ravaged appearence desecrating the grave. Creed himself is observed and there follows a series of horrific events designed to intimidate him into handing over the film. The person he has photographed bears a remarkable resemblance to a man hanged in the 1930s for murder and the mutilation of children. Creed eventually discovers his antagonists are the Fallen Angels of Europe, whose origins can be traced to Biblical sources. Their powers are waning, the centuries and the evil they have perpetrated have taken their toll. The demons are weary. Creed finds them in an old folk's rest home..."

41SMBSZCXFL._SS500_.jpg

This was okay but I was disappointed as the title was incorrect.....

blackpool-vanishes.jpg

:D

As the thread 2 above this one oooooooops i heartily recommend "The Damned Utd" by David Peace. Sorry for being BLIND, not a good thing in a photographer!

Back