The Grand Pier in Weston Super Mare

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Took a recent trip to Weston Super Mare with my Nikon 1 with my new 18.5mm (50mm equiv) f/1.8 prime lens. Put the camera in Monochrome mode using aperture priority and started snapping away, i hope you all like the shots.

Cheers :)

Welcome to the forum James - three nice shots there, clean images with nice B&W ... just watch your horizons :)

Thanks for the welcome and positive comments. Could you expand on what you mean about the horizons? I'm always looking to improve :)

Could you expand on what you mean about the horizons? I'm always looking to improve :)

Sure, just keep an eye on the horizons being level ... it is slightly out in the first two and unless the pier goes uphill (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't :) ) it quite a bit out in the last.

Great angle on the first - how did you get that high, from the first floor of the amusements?

Sure, just keep an eye on the horizons being level ... it is slightly out in the first two and unless the pier goes uphill (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't :) ) it quite a bit out in the last.

Ah i see what you mean now. Will keep an eye on that in the future :) Your right though, the pier doesn't go uphill ;)

Great angle on the first - how did you get that high, from the first floor of the amusements?

Thanks. Ye went upstairs and there is a glass double door which leads out onto a balcony with tables and chairs. Took the shot from there.

Back