The Italian job...

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
...only this one didn't end up going over a cliff!

055.jpg

At one point my dad had three. One was restored for himself, and two others were restored simultaneously for paying customers. Readers of Supercar Classics magazine may remember the restorations.

At one point my dad had three. One was restored for himself, and two others were restored simultaneously for paying customers. Readers of Supercar Classics magazine may remember the restorations.

Is your dad called Martin Cliffe of Omicron Engineering? I remember a restoration he did that was published in Supercar Classics of a lime green (on a G plate)?? Miura that was partially uprated to SV spec.

Last edited:
Golden Oldie - dont make them like that any more (y)

Is your dad called Martin Cliffe of Omicron Engineering? I remember a restoration he did that was published in Supercar Classics of a lime green (on a G plate)?? Miura that was partially uprated to SV spec.

Yes that was his own car. VAB11G. Lime green, and was upgraded to SV specification. Car was sold at 1988 Motorshow just before the prices crashed. We did two orange ones, one that had been involved in an accident, and the other had been on fire. We also looked after a yellow one.

Beautiful car to look at, great engine, and as true with many supercars of the period disappointing to drive

Yes that was his own car. VAB11G. Lime green, and was upgraded to SV specification. Car was sold at 1988 Motorshow just before the prices crashed. We did two orange ones, one that had been involved in an accident, and the other had been on fire. We also looked after a yellow one.

Beautiful car to look at, great engine, and as true with many supercars of the period disappointing to drive

Here is a link to the Miura Register with some details on the car: http://www.themiuraregister.com/miura/register.php?id=187

Sadly the Miura wasn't sorted until the SV was introduced with its many modifications and then they stopped making it. Some of the refinements would have been impossible to uprate from an earlier car like the thicker grade steel that the chassis was made from.

My father owned a genuine RHD SV in the seventies and I was also involved in the sale of a genuine SV to someone in Japan (the car that Jay Kay once owned that was originally LHD) when I worked for Supercar, Exotic and Classic Car dealer brothers Mark (tragically killed in a car accident in 2005) and John Pullicino.

Last edited:
Back