The Lake District

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
I have zero knowledge of film but the digital version is a lot nicer :exit: but I want to have a go at film soon, I like the B&W and I think that you have already picked up the issue's :D I do like the composition of the photo though the dry stone wall works as a really nice lead in line to the rest of the photo (y)

Matt

I really think that MF is far better than 35mm for landscapes when it comes to film, when I use 35mm I am using the same lenses and getting the same sort of shot as I'd get on digital, so I'm losing the thrill from 35mm, I just wish I could afford something like a Mamiya 6/7/Rz67.

I think 35mm really is best left for street type stuff, I like the look of fast film, but that doesn't suit portraits or landscape so much.

Its a learning curve James but I'm with you with MF got myself some film and we'll see where we get to.

Bill

What did you use to dev & for how long? I've got 10 rolls of the stuff here & would like to try pushing it but I can't find anything on the interweb about it

It looks over exposed, the sky is a white out compared with the d90 shot, you don't say whether they were both shot at the same time or not.
Rollei retro is nice b/w film, it has qualities you throw away if you push it, I suppose you wouldn't normally choose 100 speed film for a project/shoot that merited faster film though.

Back