The Lakes, And Our Journey Home Through Yorkshire

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a selection of some of the shots taken during our trip away. I hope you enjoy them! ;)

1. The Rowing Boats at Keswick Launch
(not entirly sure why the next two look oversharpened this size, but they look fine at 100%?)
2756043131_fee49050e2_o.jpg

2. People waiting for the next cruise at Keswick Launch
2756043393_fe060be294_o.jpg

3. The tail end of the waterfall beside Thirlmere Lake
2758265288_3ce642f828_o.jpg

4. Kendal Suburbia
2757431257_e35b1f2354_o.jpg

5. Lambrigg Wind Farm. A previous version of this can be found HERE
2757505387_e2046a09a6_o.jpg

On to Yorkshire!

6. This guy was a real trouper! When he saw us pull over,
and then saw me point my camera at him, he started guiding his flock
over to us! I gave him one of my Moo cards, so hopefully he will have seen this on my flickr or my website!

2757431757_da07e149fa_o.jpg

Hopefully I'll have some more to add on to this from the drive through the Yorkshire Dales.

Thanks for looking!

Jo
xxxx

I think you have captured the spirit of the Lakes in these images. You've done so at the best time, when there is cloud cover and a grey sky. I am unsure about the horizons in the first two, they seem too central and to have a slight slope, #2 more than #1. #4 is my favourite. #5 seems to have some noticable post prod. Great set, with which I have some concerns, being picky as your work is of such a high standard.

Last edited:
Thanks for commenting Russell. The horizons in the first two do look a bit odd, but this is because there are different levels of land creeping onto the water, if that makes sense. For instance, on the second one, on the right hand side you can see where a bend in the land juts out into the water and ends right by the red flag at the back of the boat, the rest of the horizon in that shot is at another two different points further back each time.

Nice shots of my favourite corner of the world !

#1 does have a slightly crooked horizon, and could maybe benefit from a crop to get rid of the half of a boat on the right hand side.

#2 captures the brooding skies so typical of the L.D. well - I think the horizon is fine - the reason for the slightly crooked appearance is due to the camera not facing parallel to the opposite bank . . .

#3 is a little too much "hide and seek" for me - the trees are hiding what I know is a marvelous view along the lake . .

#4 almost makes me want to run and hide - those clouds look ominous ! !

#5 is a great capture, - I find those things abhorrent - a real blot on the landscape . .

#6 is very well balanced - just the right proportion of hillside and sky behind the shepherd and his flock. My only criticism of the image is that I'd have liked the shepherd to have been a little more prominent in the photo - i.e. shot from lower down and closer . . .

Last edited:
Thanks Stevie. All the problems with my shot are down to one thing. They were all taken from the car :LOL: I will be going back once I can walk a little. Then hopefully I can really let go on Cumbria! Oh, I can't wait for that day!

Back