The Light Fell On You

smr

Name
Joel
Edit My Images
No
I don't often take photographs of woodland scenes much, even though I would like to as I have a plethora of woods and forests close by.

But I like this one quite a lot. It was shot on the fringes of coming into Autumn but I like the way the light really fell on those tall Birch trees on the left when it's the dominant Pines that you'd probably notice first, as if they're vying for their own dominance in the image. To round it off there's one tree centrally framed which is sodden from the rain that washed over not long before and this really contrasts with the other trees.

That's how I see it anyway.

The Light Fell On You by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

I think it’s quite nice. It looks like it would be worth going back when the autumn colour is more advanced, or even if you have falling snow. Little birch trees stand out well in this type of woodland so it’s worth finding a stand out one to base your composition around. If the colour has gone it could work very well in falling snow

Reactions: smr
That’s a lovely shot. You’ve described it very well. I’d be visiting the local woods/forests you’ve mentioned throughout the year and as Scirocco points out you may get snow over the coming months. Fog/early morning mis would be good too and you wouldn’t even have to get up too early,either..lol

Reactions: smr
I think it’s quite nice. It looks like it would be worth going back when the autumn colour is more advanced, or even if you have falling snow. Little birch trees stand out well in this type of woodland so it’s worth finding a stand out one to base your composition around. If the colour has gone it could work very well in falling snow

Thanks for the reply. Definitely worth going back to, there's quite a few woods around me but this is the most photogenic. There's a lot more to photograph here and with the right conditions I should be able to get some nice images hopefully. As you say snow would be good, as well as misty conditions. I've not been out since Wyming Brook last Friday when the colours were looking great but I think they're just beginning to turn again so I'll definitely go again next week.

That’s a lovely shot. You’ve described it very well. I’d be visiting the local woods/forests you’ve mentioned throughout the year and as Scirocco points out you may get snow over the coming months. Fog/early morning mis would be good too and you wouldn’t even have to get up too early,either..lol

Thanks John. Yes definitely worth going back to for more conditions.

Back