The Lighthouse at New Brighton

M

Mrsdepp

The lighthouse at New Brighton.

lighthouse1of1copy.jpg

Any thoughts or comments are welcome:) Thanks for looking x

Nice, well composed picture. My only comment would be that your verticals seem to be slightly of.

Andy

Thanks:) sssshhh! the lighthouse is wonky, honest!:D :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I thought so too, but when I tried to straighten the lighthouse, the horizon went weird, perhaps I tried to straighten it too much:shrug:

Mrsdepp

I love the nice clean, fresh cool look of this. It suits the barren cold windsept seafront at New Brighton (that's how I always picture it, anyway). The ship to the left adds interest and scale. Very nice.:)

mooney - I love the colours and composition in your second pic. The first one's a bit too centrally placed for me - but that's just an opinion.

Jean

cant see your shot Mrs depp...just a box with an x in it.

edit..doh I can see it now..looks good to me but agree about the verticals.

Last edited:
Mooney I really like the second one too, fantastic colours:) Ooo fish and chips, yep, they are some of the best I have tasted:D Watch out for the seagulls though!:eek:

Jeangenie, thank you:) It always seems to be windy and a bit bleak whenever I go too:LOL::LOL:So i thought mono would suit it!;)

Thanks for the comments xx

Last edited by a moderator:
cant see your shot Mrs depp...just a box with an x in it.

edit..doh I can see it now..looks good to me but agree about the verticals.

Thanks! I shall try and straighten it a bit more:D

didn't mean to hi-jack your thread mrsdepp sorry its my first time here
im a talk photography virgin so to speak lol

I like what you've done. Great feel.

That said, there is a bit of a wonk on the go, and a thin black line of the right of the lighthouse(?) Is that overzealous PP, or is my monitor going?

Either way, I'd be proud to have taken that. (y)

Wow great shot. I'd love to see it with big waves crashing

I took a drive to the lighthouse earlier this year. Here's my effort

Back