The Liverpool busker take 2

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I know this won't be to everyones (or anyones :LOL:) taste as I have drastically altered the image but thought I'd share anyway.
The original one is obviously faithful to the subject & I think that this image would look ok with the same processing but I felt like really pushing an image in a mad way & this was the result (I prefer the 1st version but this image is growing on me slowly, I think due to the oversaturated tones :p) :shrug:
Honest C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

Card_guitar_guy_02.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

I have to say Mike, I really really like that! Very odd looking, but something about it appeals to my warped side ;)

Now then, any chance of pp run down, I have pic of our oldest mechanic, all greek and grizzly, that I would love to have a go at that sort of look with.... pwetty pwetty pwease :D

:thinking:
i will get back on this mate. as i did like the 1st but will have to see what it looks like after a few looks.. " im going to be honest"

Don't know what you have done with that Mike but its really nice and almost looks like a painting..(y)

Yep I like it..:)

Yes I think this grows on you, and it does have a slight painting look about it especially around the ear, I like it.

Not for me I'm afraid.

ps you didn't used to go by the forum name of Automation2 by any chance :thinking: :D

:thumbsdown:

sorry mate but i can not get into this shot . dont know what it is .but its not for me i think in the 1st one you posted there was enough character and feel that it does not need the extra pp " if that makes any sense im, trying to tell you how i feel about the shot .. proberly not very well "

tfs
dave

I have to say Mike, I really really like that! Very odd looking, but something about it appeals to my warped side ;)

Now then, any chance of pp run down, I have pic of our oldest mechanic, all greek and grizzly, that I would love to have a go at that sort of look with.... pwetty pwetty pwease :D

No problem at all LL (because you asked so nicely :LOL:) I'll have to put together a separate tutorial post though as it's quite a lengthy process - should be able to get it done tomorrow (y)

Don't know what you have done with that Mike but its really nice and almost looks like a painting..

Yep I like it..:)

Cheers Tim (y)

Yes I think this grows on you, and it does have a slight painting look about it especially around the ear, I like it.

Thanks Keith, it's a really weird effect.

Not for me I'm afraid.

ps you didn't used to go by the forum name of Automation2 by any chance :thinking: :D

I had no idea it was that extreme :LOL:

sorry mate but i can not get into this shot . dont know what it is .but its not for me i think in the 1st one you posted there was enough character and feel that it does not need the extra pp " if that makes any sense im, trying to tell you how i feel about the shot .. proberly not very well "

tfs
dave

I understand completely mate & appreciate the honesty, cheers (y)

Think I like it, not sure about the card at the front bottom of the shot though.

I had no idea it was that extreme :LOL:

nah, it isn't that extreme :)

actually the more I look the more I like. Still not my thing, but its growing on me.

At this rate I'll be trying it myself tomorrow :D

I was just starting to write the walthru for you & realised that Gary had recently put up a tutorial with almost exactly the same steps that I took to complete my image. The only addition is to add a colourised layer above the final image (in a sepia/brown colour) & set to hue. I used the variations command to set a slightly darker image with more yellow & that's about it aside from loads of dodging & burning & varying the opacity on the different layers until it suited the image.
If you have any problems at all getting the same effect, just shout out (y)

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30650

(Nice one Gary, saved me a lot of typing :LOL: (y))

It's a cracking shot, I'm just not sure on the processing. On one level, I can like it. On another it makes this guy look he hasn't seen soap and water for about 2 years and wonder how he would feel about it? :D

I was just starting to write the walthru for you & realised that Gary had recently put up a tutorial with almost exactly the same steps that I took to complete my image. The only addition is to add a colourised layer above the final image (in a sepia/brown colour) & set to hue. I used the variations command to set a slightly darker image with more yellow & that's about it aside from loads of dodging & burning & varying the opacity on the different layers until it suited the image.
If you have any problems at all getting the same effect, just shout out (y)

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30650

(Nice one Gary, saved me a lot of typing :LOL: (y))

Thanks, will give that a go over next few days, and let you know how I get on! (y)

It's a cracking shot, I'm just not sure on the processing. On one level, I can like it. On another it makes this guy look he hasn't seen soap and water for about 2 years and wonder how he would feel about it? :D

Cheers CT :LOL: I see what you mean :LOL: I keep looking at it & thinking that I really don't like it & then coming back to it a few minutes later & thinking that I do :wacky:

Thanks, will give that a go over next few days, and let you know how I get on! (y)

Looking forward to the results (y)

I really like the shot and the Dragan effect you've got there but a couple of things bother me. The highlights on his cheek, eyebrow and forhead are a bit too much and I'd have prefered to see less saturation in the face colour. It's a shame about the cardboard too. Did you ask him for his portrait or just take it? I love the processing (*goes off to check link*). Overall a (y) apart from a couple of small niggles that can be ironed out :)

Back