The Mighty Bowfiddle Rock @ Dusk

Edit My Images
Yes
Was out photographing other things at sunset when i thought i would head down to the awesome bowfiddle rock in portknockie as the tide was high which i prefer at this location. got up on a rock similair to the one in the FG and got this shot with a shutter speed of 3 secs which helped calm and unclutter the choppy sea. I also timed the shot to have water cascading down the rock wall on the LHS. the sun had set a good while ago leaving the lovely red band of colour on the horizon.

BowfiddleSunset.jpg

all comments welcome

dave

Excellent, lovely composition and the sea is spot on.

Andy

While this is obviously a great shot, I think it can be improved a wee bit

The large expanse of bare rock on the LHS isn't helping the shot, and the water bottom left is letting my eye run out of the frame too, hence I cropped it back to those rocks to 'hold' the subject within the frame

Then I felt there was a smidge too much sky too, so that's had a short crop

Finally, and a common trick with Wedding images too, I applied a slight vignette to again concentrate one's eye into the shot

Here's the result, and whether you like this or not - you made a great shot (y)

DD

discodavor1.jpg

Lovely shot. The composition, light and motion blur and really nice. I do like the edited version a smidge better.

Constructive edit of an excellent original image - I do prefer the original sky though.

Beautiful shot Dave. Was in Hopeman today but had to leave to get back to work - before the light was good. Grr!

thanks for the comments everyone!

gary, i was at east beach at hopeman tonight trying to capture my first star trails!
too bad you missed the good light it is a hard location to beat when the light is good!

dave

Back