Critique The Moon

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I have had a go at trying to photograph the moon, I did try to use registax and 5 images but it all went a tad wrong :bonk: so i need to go back to the drawing board on this one i think. But anyway this was taken with my 600d and my tameron 70-300 lens a single image only a little pp done in light room.

moon
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

All comments most welcome.

I think 300 is a tad short for moon shots. When you look at the full size image you can see the lack of detail and sharpness. That said, I do like the fact it's a half moon which makes a change.

I think 300 is a tad short for moon shots. When you look at the full size image you can see the lack of detail and sharpness. That said, I do like the fact it's a half moon which makes a change.

Yes i think i am lacking in the lens department that's why i wanted to use registax but i had issues with the end image.

I use registax all the time, your picture does have a fair bit of detail there, you could try pushing the sliders a little more in Registax to bring out that finer detail, you will also notice that the image will sharpen too

I use registax all the time, your picture does have a fair bit of detail there, you could try pushing the sliders a little more in Registax to bring out that finer detail, you will also notice that the image will sharpen too

When I used registax with five images the finished image ended up with the edge off the moon showing what looks like the edges from the other 4 images used so don't know what went wrong.

By the sounds of it, it hadn't aligned the frames correctly, how many alignment points did you choose?

This looks a little better, you have brought out more detail, but slightly over cooked it, which has introduced noise, I will see if I can find the Registax tutorial I did a couple of years ago

Back