The most photographed Castle in Scotland

A wonderful castle I was thrilled with my night shots from the other side of the water

Nice take on the first one, not sure about the sepia processing though

Agreed, it needs more contrast it will give it a great deal more punch

I'd still love to shoot this for myself.
Your first shot is lovely though I'd prefer I think to see it in a classic BW.

It may well be the most photographed but I didnt recognize it so google image search, and its and its Eilean Donan Castle Of Lochalsh, Inverness-shire, for anyone else didnt know where it was, and Im also putting it on my List Of To Gos

Last edited:
2 nice photos; both would benefit from lifting the shadows a little with a little more contrast, maybe edge sharpening.

That does't alter the composition on either shot, both of which are excellent.

2 nice photos; both would benefit from lifting the shadows a little with a little more contrast, maybe edge sharpening.

That does't alter the composition on either shot, both of which are excellent.

I've tried and tried with these, compositionally I am happy, but the light etc is really drab. I've edged shaperned these (maybe not enough but I find a lot of mine halo).

I will revisit under better light, and reshoot the scenes.

I really like the second shot. The photographer really adds to the sepia-enhanced atmosphere. My only suggestion would be to crop out about half the sky to draw more attention to the foreground and mid ground.

Surely Edinburgh castle is the most photographed castle in Scotland.. maybe stalker castle is second and this one third

Back