The New Age - Light Painting

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
The new age

It's being drummed into us that e-readers are the new way to read, so I shot this one with my mum's Christmas present from us, on top of a selection of books...

Shot with the e-reader on the top with progressively older books towards the bottom, with the light fading into the darkness

363/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Light painted in a single exposure

As with all my photo's C&C is more than welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

That's a great idea Matt and nicely executed too! I'd love to see it reshot with books from really old to modern times. Maybe ask your local friendly museum:thinking:

Like the idea Matt but think, it should be from more older to new, as for composition, Id like to see something more than just a stack, if you know what I mean, soz if this doesnt make to much sense as its our 35th wedding anny and been out for a meal good night out

That's a great idea Matt and nicely executed too! I'd love to see it reshot with books from really old to modern times. Maybe ask your local friendly museum:thinking:

What a brilliant idea (y) I'm going to be on the look out for some really really great old books :D even if they are mock one e.g. stage dressing (y) I'm pleased you like this version of it though too (y)

Like the idea Matt but think, it should be from more older to new, as for composition, Id like to see something more than just a stack, if you know what I mean, soz if this doesnt make to much sense as its our 35th wedding anny and been out for a meal good night out

Again some great ideas there Dave, that's what I love about this forum it's such a great source to develop concepts and ideas from good too great (y) and a big congratulations to you and Julie on your Jade Anniversary (y) (some suggest instead of Jade it should be coral)

Matt

Nice one Matt, what a great idea. What do you use for a light source of you don't mind me asking, I have tried with a mini mag torch and struggle to get the effect.

It's a double AA Mag Light (y) but take this one for example it was a 66 second exposure so it's not a few seconds of painting :D it takes time (y)

Matt

I like this mate, I know the guy who runs the old bookshop on gosford street, actually i was in there earlier on today, im sure he would be more than happy to lend you a few out of his collection(y)

Do you filter your torch with anything Matt.

No filters it totally un filtered (y) It's all about nice smooth light painting and planning where your going to paint and for how long (y)

I like this mate, I know the guy who runs the old bookshop on gosford street, actually i was in there earlier on today, im sure he would be more than happy to lend you a few out of his collection(y)

That sounds like a plan (y) glad you like it (y)

Matt

Back