The North Pennines Milky Way

• Thread starter Deleted member 97732
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 97732

Well it's a new moon this week but up here in the North East it looks like we'll be having constant cloud cover, so here's a shot I took last month. This was my first proper attempt at Astrophotography:

415283571_362480806367847_4912132618594993833_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
to say that's your first attempt, its fantastic! what gear did you use?

Thank you!

I used my Fujifilm X-T4 with the Viltrox 13mm f1.4 lens. I took 6 or 7 shots and then stacked them.

Hell of a first attempt! I've always wanted to try the genre but I'm absolutely certain I'd mess it up.

Hell of a first attempt! I've always wanted to try the genre but I'm absolutely certain I'd mess it up.

Thank you!

Well, only way to learn is to get out there and do it. I had tried photographing stars before in my back garden but quickly realised I didn't know the right settings, didn't have the right lens (needs to be wide and fast), and didn't understand how to catch the right weather conditions - it needs to be around the new moon, very clear skies, and somewhere miles away from ambient light.

So a lot of research and planning, then just went out and boom! Got the above shot. There is a lot of cloud in the above photo as you can see, but hopefully next time it will be perfectly clear.

Back