The Open 2007 - With images!!!

Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
I was at the practice day on wedensday weather - crap! :LOL: I just took the 70-200 on my 20D I had my film body in my bag with a 24-70 but I just had no access to get the shots I wanted and my 200mm was far to short, I didn't want to take the 50-500 because I've kind of fallen out with it. So frustrating, but I hope you like the shots. C&C more than welcome (y)

TheOpen14.jpg

TheOpen13.jpg

TheOpen12.jpg

TheOpen11.jpg

TheOpen10.jpg

TheOpen9.jpg

TheOpen8.jpg

TheOpen7.jpg

love the last one.

have not got a clue who they are.

i think golf spoils a nice walk :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The first one is Padraig Harrington. The second and the last are both Paul McGinley. I mention those two as I am a big fan of them - winners of the World Cup for Ireland some years ago. Paul McGinley finished the first day in second place. I also like the last photo.

I should also have said you have three consecutive shots of Sergio Garcia, who leads the filed after day one.

ah dont know any golfers oh oh oh ido tiger woods

does he still play?

Some of the images seem seriously oversharpened to me.:shrug:

He's just the best. I reckon Photomad just feels golf isn't cool.

Some great shots especially the McGinley one (y) - some horrendous trouser action too :eek: - Nice to see some decent scoring in R1 - Wait till the wind gets up & the cream will rise to the top (c'mon Ernie!)
Paul ;)

#5 in the first set is the pick for me.

Can't stand golf myself :)

thanks for all the comments guys (y) I'm going to have to find out how to get lightroom to leave the sharpning and noise reduction tools on my raw files!!! thats why some are a bit over sharpened. Lightroom puts 25% sharpning and 25% noise reduction onto images which is frustrating because at iso100 you would hope you wouldn't have to apply NR!!! :LOL:

lly, I like these.

Some nice framing and considered use of bokeh.

Well done mate.

Getting better all the time.

D.

Nice series although the only thing that bothers me is most are in the 'after the shot' pose, I'd have liked to see some more action with the swing etc but I guess without having a long lens thats not gonna happen for fear of the camera distracting them!

lly, I like these.

Some nice framing and considered use of bokeh.

Well done mate.

Getting better all the time.

D.

Thanks pete, always appricate your comments (y)

Nice series although the only thing that bothers me is most are in the 'after the shot' pose, I'd have liked to see some more action with the swing etc but I guess without having a long lens thats not gonna happen for fear of the camera distracting them!

Hi Richard, I was thinking that myself!! they are alot of the same. Like you said it is hard with a shorter lens, I really like to shoot tight and get some "real" detail in my shots but it's just not possible with a 200mm lens, I'm just going to have to save for a 400 or 500 f4 or the like :D

Back