The perfect wren pose ( the shot that made my year)well it did until i did some more

Edit My Images
Yes
hello to all hope every one had a good christmas.

I was going to post some of my first 40d bigma combo on my garden birds . but more of that later. :)

but I think this wren needs all the limelight to himself.

As we have a big wood pile down the yard it was a good opportunity to get the wren that just love going in and out looking for food.
I did 114 shots all h/h @500mm iso 1600 f8 I wish it was brighter to give a faster shutter 1/320 and thats -2/3 to
get the speed up . I got only 4 shot that where good enough.

wrencopy-2.jpg

many thanks
jason

PS as CT has pointed out, they dont stand still for too long ( about 1 second) most of my shots looked like this!
IMG_3065.jpg

Very nice shot of a little critter that does not sit still very long, or so I'm told:D

I hope CT sees this - he is quite the boff on birds!(y)

Do show some more soon.

I hope CT sees this - he is quite the boff on birds!(y)

So not true I'm afraid. I'm a townie so I mostly get townie birds - nothing like the variety more rural members will see. ;)

The Wren is high on my list of favourite birds, but a real test for any photographer being absolutely manically active all the time!

This is a lovely shot Jason - a great pose and nice setting. Not quite as good as my favourite mind you, I'll find it out for you in a mo.

Here you go....

blurry.jpg

:LOL: Tells you all you need to know about photographing Wrens!!

Hehe I like that sweet little fella Jason :D

Very funny Bob :LOL:

Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for mee...for meee...for meeeeeee...
*guitar instumental* que - wren

OMG A head-banging wren!! :LOL:

Thanks all.
It was a delight watching the little bird weaving in and out, I was just waiting for the brief second it went on to the perch. At some point in the shoot the cfd was 1.5mtrs.

many thanks
jason

Cracking shot Jason, never managed a decent shot of one of these yet, got plenty like your second one though.

Thanks cuddy . Tell me about it I think Ive counted 90 blured shots so far :bang: Im :thinking: I need the sun and Ive just done some more shots dinner time really close (3mtrs shots). I will post these later :woot: getting even better

cheers jason

Nice shot, those little birds don't sit still for very long.

Great capture, these little guys are sooo hard to photograph.

Great shot Jason :clap:I can see why this shot made your year .

Stunning shot Jason.
I think i recognise the bird in CTs shot, apparently it was raised by a group of woodpeckers after being neglected by his parents.
Dean:)

Comments appreciated juz, brido, pikeman, dean :)

Things just got better yesterday, I got some more images and Ill have to scrap the heading on this post because I dont think it my best shot (now!).

many thanks jason

Peach of an image (first one obviously) , and can understand (and agree) why you are so well chuffed.

Back