The pier

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I was trying to go for an arty minimalist approach! C&C very welcome :)

800x.jpg

Thanks
Paul

Wicked! Can you share your workflow? Make an ace desktop wallpaper ;)

Just beautiful! :) This at Formby?

wow, this is really nice. i love the textures and contrasts of the pier leading you in, although i find the bright oe spot in the middle slightly overpowering.

Ewan

Wicked! Can you share your workflow? Make an ace desktop wallpaper ;)

Larger pic at clicky

Cheers, Taken with a Canon 350D, Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm & nd110 (10 stop) filter. f11, 10 sec exposure, ISO 100.

Very slight tweaks using Paint Shop Pro x2.
Straighten the horizon (I nearly got it spot on too, lol).
Convert to B&W.
Clone out a couple of boats and a few foreground rocks to try and tidy it up a bit.
A little dodge / burn on the sky and pier.
Slight S curve.
Sharpen.
And a run through with a noise reduction. ( Neat Image in my case, similar to Noise Ninja).
No crop as I got that bit right, lol.

Now I’ve typed it up it looks a lot, but all tweaks are very minor and all took about 15 mins to do.

Just beautiful! :) This at Formby?

Next door to Formby at High Town.

wow, this is really nice. i love the textures and contrasts of the pier leading you in, although i find the bright oe spot in the middle slightly overpowering.
Ewan

That's a lovely image, shame about the highlight at the end of the pier, just a bit too blown for my liking.

Many thanks, I see what you mean about the blown centre. Its local so will go back and have another go.

Many thanks for the comments guys :)

The 'blown' highlights give this image it's magic. There's just enough of the horizon visible to make the light intensity work well.

I really like this ,but...., the clouds for me need a bit more definition ,still a cracker though (y)

And thats my 1,000th post i believe

Back