The power of water

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
I took these in Norway this year. I tried to capture the immense power of the water cascading from a mountain lake in the first three, to this day I don`t think I did?

This is the relative calm of the edge of the flow.

Fossen_069.jpg

On this one I attempted to get the fallen tree to lead into the flow and captured the distant, cloud covered peaks.

Fossen_063-Edit.jpg

This one hopefully leads you into the sheer force of the water.

Fossen_077.jpg

These were taken on the back roads in the Western Fjords.

This last one was taken in Straumensand, north of the Arctic circle.The freshwater from the fjords did battle twice daily with the seawater,fighting it out between two headlands.Hopefully you get the gist of the maelstroms that the converging waters created.

Maelstrom.jpg

Comments and criticism more than welcome.....(y)

:clap: Excellent shots.

No.3 certainly shows the extreme force of the water - well captured (y)

To be quite honest with you, I think there is only one problem, and that is with the first one. I assume you wern't using a tripod? A smaller aperture would have sorted this image right out. The water is at the stage where its neither still nor properly blurred, and the rocks in the fore ground are everso slightly blurred as well, due to the short DOF. Using a tripod would have allowed a longer exposure time as a result of a smaller aperture. This would also have increased the DOF and made all the rocks in the fore ground sharper. Then spot on imho!

Of course if you were using a tripod then ignor what I just said :D

Great shots there. Number 3 for me (y)

I did not use a tripod, you are correct.

|It was slamming with rain and I did not want to leave my,then,only camera in the rain

I hear what you say and shall try to improve,thanks for the comments.....

Back