The Quireboys - Bootleggers Bar, Kendal.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
My first time having a go at gig photography, bloody hell its tough, horrid lights or no light at all, still deaf in one ear and woefully overlensed with the tight space I was working in and the 70-200 2.8.

Nevertheless, The Quireboys were bloody brilliant, they are promoting a new album and put on a great show, music was brilliant !

It seems the name of the support act escapes me but she has a gorgeous voice and music was cool !

6t9q8993xl2.jpg

6t9q9024ne4.jpg

6t9q9048ek7.jpg

6t9q9204sb8.jpg

Hope you like, all hand held although I did sneak a little flash in at times !

We had the 'pleasure' of Spike's company one night, 'cos he's the cousin of one of my friends. As you probably know dseered and KIM, he's quite a character and has lots of stories to tell. I also blagged a t-shirt off him and sold it on ebay :LOL:

Your shots are cool dseered. 1 and 2 for me, but it'd have been nice to see the band in the background of no.4. As said already, I bet conditions are tough at gigs, so you've very done well.

(y)

We had the 'pleasure' of Spike's company one night, 'cos he's the cousin of one of my friends. As you probably know dseered and KIM, he's quite a character and has lots of stories to tell. I also blagged a t-shirt off him and sold it on ebay :LOL:

Your shots are cool dseered. 1 and 2 for me, but it'd have been nice to see the band in the background of no.4. As said already, I bet conditions are tough at gigs, so you've very done well.

(y)

Cheers guys, I only took the 70-200 2.8, well I did have the little 50mm in my combats but had put my bag behind the bar with my jacket and gloves, so if I had taken the 70-200 off I would have had no-where to put it, I did think about taking 2 bodies, in the end I walked into town so I could have a beer and didn't want to take a bigger bag - you live and learn as they say !

Wow! didn't realise they were still about! Saw them way back when at monsters of rock at donnington park I think 89 or 90 it was! Great shots .

Could have sworn them at Uni in my freshers year back in '89. Didn't realise they were on in Kendal! (Hi dseered... I'm here too!) How old are they now?

Are they still around! I remember seeing them almost 20 years ago along with Dogs D'Amour

I like #1 & 2 btw.

Dogs D'Amour - now there's a blast from the past i went to essex uni to see them.

Great shots BTW!

Back