Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
Mirrored_arches_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Under_and_arch_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

In_the_blink_of_an_eye_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

Ooooh they are beautiful!! I think I like the first one best, the colours are stunning! :clap::)

Oh what, totally awesome. Like them lots, I like No.1 and No.2 the best. No.3 doesn't do much for me sorry

Tony

Very impressive. Beautiful colours. BTW, is Aycliffe still standing? It was on its last legs when I left there in the '80's :)

Fantastic set as always MK :clap: the first two are the better shots for me, the light flares look really clean and well controlled.
Love the composition on the last shot, nice heart shape too, it's just slightly let down by the reflection I feel :)

Agree with everyone, stunning images, good exposures and lovely colours (y)

Stunning. I really love these. Thanks for the inspiration, I have a trip to London next week and you have just given me some ideas! Thanks for posting them.

Cheers everyone :)

Very impressive. Beautiful colours. BTW, is Aycliffe still standing? It was on its last legs when I left there in the '80's :)

Hehe, yeah its dtill here unfortunately. Although now its got a Tescos. So its probably worse than in the 80s. ;)

That damn bridge again! :D

Seriously, it's going to be more photographed than the Sydney harbour bridge before long.

Excellent pics though....sell them to the newcastle tourism board....

Hehe, yeah its certainly not an origional subject. Its a great peice of engineering though. Ive also spotted a great angle to shoot it from, so will be heading back there sometime. (I might be heading back there a lot more as im looking to move to the quayside soon :))

Would someone be able to direct me to where these shots were taken? Reason being I will be in Newcastle next Thursday and would live to try my own hand at them. I have a satnav so either a street or postcode would suffice.

In the meantime congrats on some superb pics!

Great series MK

The Get-A-Map service from the Ordnance Survey is your friend.

The millennium bridge is roughly NZ 257 639 GB Grid
Picture 1 may have been taken from about NZ 262 641 GB Grid

B.

Hi MK - I'm a bit bemused - have looked at this thread a few times, but only see pics 1 & 2 - where are you hiding pic 3???

As ever MK, beautifully done. No 3 is my favourite, it reminds me of JAWS :puke:

I think number one should go on our living room wall (when we have a living room wall to hang it on :LOL:) The colours are fantastic and I love the starry lights against the flat water.

Would someone be able to direct me to where these shots were taken? Reason being I will be in Newcastle next Thursday and would live to try my own hand at them. I have a satnav so either a street or postcode would suffice.

In the meantime congrats on some superb pics!

If you drive over the Tyne bridge then you wont be able to miss these, to be honest there are tonnes of places along the quayside where you could capture similar shots. Just avoid going around rush hours as the traffic can be horrendous around the bridges.
Other great places not too far from Newcastle to take great photographs would be Tynemouth (along the coast line) and St Marys lighthouse just up from Whitley bay, these are about a 10 mile drive out from Newcastle but can certainly be worth it.

These are some of the best shots Ive seen of my home, certainly good enough to promote a positive image of good old Geordieland.:clap:

Great shots, Very nice. Number 1 for me.

Thanks for the info. I've tracked the location to Horatio Street area of Newcastle. So that's where i'll be heading next week!

Oooh - I can see number 3 this time!!

Nice of them to tilt the bridge for you. Would love to see that shot with the water calm, but presumably the bridge tilted to let a boat through, and that boat would be what disturbed the water.

It's a lovely set of 3 images.

Fantastic shots - like every body has said the colours are ace!!

Back