The Robin that just wouldn't back off.

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
This Robin was overly friendly, too friendly in fact because it came that close that it filled the entire frame (I couldn't move backwards and I was using a prime). I am sure that if I had any food in my hand, it would have eaten from it.

I struggled to keep it in the frame without clipping its feet or head, light was poor but managed to get one okay shot in the end. DOF is a bit thin and it's a pity about the branch :bang:

This is the first time I thought that I maybe the zoom is preferable to the prime?

C&C welcome.

Resized Full Frame (Hand-held, 1/500, ISO1600, F8, 300mm+1.4xTC)
Robin-FF-IMG_0919.jpg

100% crops
Robin-Crop2-IMG_0919.jpg

Robin-Crop1-IMG_0919.jpg

Nice capture with lovely detail. Had you considered cloning that twig out?

I was gonna suggest the same thing tom, lovely shot otherwise.

A nice shot i agree with the above comments
Regards
Richard

Thanks for the comments all.

It has been a long time since I have cloned things out in PP, that graduated background is really giving me grief!? I just can't seem to clone it out without it being noticable.

Any hints?

I agree the twig is superfluous, cracking shots notwithstanding :clap:

Thanks for the comments all.

It has been a long time since I have cloned things out in PP, that graduated background is really giving me grief!? I just can't seem to clone it out without it being noticable.

Any hints?

i use a combination of clone-stamp, healing brush and patch tool. im definetly no expert, but i think the key is using a soft brush when healing and cloneing and take your time, ie dont try to do huge bits in one go. Ive had a quick go myself if you want me to post it?

i use a combination of clone-stamp, healing brush and patch tool. im definetly no expert, but i think the key is using a soft brush when healing and cloneing and take your time, ie dont try to do huge bits in one go. Ive had a quick go myself if you want me to post it?

Sure go ahead, I'll give your advice a go and see if I can match the result.

heres my quick clone out of the twig, bottom left is a bit messy though

Robin-FF-IMG_0919.jpg

The edit is better, but the feather detail is fantastic

Back