The SD card battle...

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Ultra 2's are out of stock at 7-Day shop (In 2GB), was gonna spend the extra £5 on extreme 3, but thought 'why don't i buy the normal ones'

I'm not taking sports photography, rarely snap more than 3 shots in a row. Why don't i just save a futher £3/4 and buy the standard Sandisk ones.

What about other brands though, do they corrupt (that would really really **** me off)? Is the storage rate to slow on the standard sandisk cards.

Nikon D80 shooting RAW.

you're not really going to appreciate the difference between standard, II, III, IV in camera, but you will appreciate a huge increase in download speed to PC.

Only you can tell us if its worth it to you - it is to me ;)

you're not really going to appreciate the difference between standard, II, III, IV in camera, but you will appreciate a huge increase in download speed to PC.

Only you can tell us if its worth it to you - it is to me ;)

That's interesting..... I have a pair of Extreme III 4Gb cards that take ages to download onto my desktop machine, but are far faster on my laptop, which doesn't have an internal card reader....

All down to the specs of the reader I'm afraid - an external reader may well have faster throughput :shrug:

That's interesting..... I have a pair of Extreme III 4Gb cards that take ages to download onto my desktop machine, but are far faster on my laptop, which doesn't have an internal card reader....

That's your problem, internal card readers are often much slower than external ones, mine certainly is.

Back