the sea against rocks..pp+++

Excellent Geof

edit...wonder if you need to crop the top 20mm off as that dark section (middle) takes me away from the rocks?

Last edited:
I love the colours and the textures in this shot but my eye keeps wandering, searching for a dominant shape or subject.

:clap: Love this Geof.
Great combination of colours and textures. The composition with the horseshoe curve of the rocks works brilliantly - for me that shape somehow seems to hold it all together in place of there being a single focal point. And whatever PP you've applied seems to have given it a sort of luminance almost like a watercolour.

I can see the point about the dark patch at the top, but it really doesn't bother me at all. Personally I think you'd lose some of the charm of the image by cropping the top and losing the horseshoe shape of the rocks.

:clap: Love this Geof.
Great combination of colours and textures. The composition with the horseshoe curve of the rocks works brilliantly - for me that shape somehow seems to hold it all together in place of there being a single focal point. And whatever PP you've applied seems to have given it a sort of luminance almost like a watercolour.

I can see the point about the dark patch at the top, but it really doesn't bother me at all. Personally I think you'd lose some of the charm of the image by cropping the top and losing the horseshoe shape of the rocks.

:love::love:
well said
its hdr with a decent application of burning and dodging
the original is stock sit the camera down and shoot the waves on a long exposure..so i had to do something different
thanks for seeing what i intended
cheers
geof

Like it Geof, agree with SarahLee on the luminance and how that's given the image a hand-crafted quality. The light and tones are great and you've judged the amount of water motion just right. Think the crop suggestion is unnecessary, there's other dark areas within the comp which might become more dominant/ distracting in that event.

a big thanks to all who liked this...as i did as a pp++ vehicle for tone and shapes
but to those who critiqued i cant let their comments go by since i didnt state it was an 'arty farty' attempt and collossally unreal
cheers
geof

Back