The Sentinel - first timer!

Name
Andrew Lowe
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, deep breath for the first post and first photo - any comments welcome.

This is the Sentinel and Hout Bay, taken from Chapmans Peak Drive near Cape Town...

be gentle!

DSC_0132_2_3.jpg

Apart from your horizon being out (I think) and the flare at the top-it's got a lot going for it. The shimmering reflections are just strong enough to anchor the image, enough detail in the island to retain interest and the clouds provide a good backdrop.

A bit of tweaking and this will sing.

Thanks for the feedback. The reflection and the cloud shadow were features that made it for me. Can't decide on the flare though, sometimes I like sometimes I want to get rid!! I'd forgotten tp put the tripod in the car too which was pretty annoying

I like this a lot - that strange low cloud just hanging there, the shadow from the cloud on the sea, and the way the cloud shadow follows the coastline - it all hangs together very nicely.

I'd clone out that bit of black in the bottom left corner, then get it on the wall framed big! (y)

That's an excellent first photo. The shadow of the cloud and the shimmer of the water around the island just makes you want to stop and look and look (y)

Thats a good shot.I just brought that area up on Google Earth which really fixes your photograph in the mind.(I do this with most posted photographs,my inquisitive nature I suppose,or is that 'nosey :D)

Arwyn

Great photo like it alot, as been said before clone away the black in the left hand corner, then you have top pic. I would be very pleased with the outcome. Keep up the good work.

http:www.markbowdensphotos.com

nice idea veloman! The sentinel actually stands with an almost vertical drop in the sea from specific angles - will try and dig one out later. Awesome place for landscapes, will post a few more this evening...

Excellent keep looking at this one there is some thing about this picture that just makes me want to come back and view it

I really like this (despite the horizon being off!). It has a brilliant feeling of floating above the water, nice!

Very nice(y)

Would take out the lens flare and get that horizon spot on. Would love to visit this place.

hello again - thanks very much for the positive feedback, look forward to posting a few more...
in the short term, some more images from Africa. Not as happy with them as with the sentinel, but comments welcome.

1. Lions Head and Table mountain
DSC_0073.jpg

2. Pemba Island - Zanzibar
Fundu200.jpg

3. en route to Misali island off Pemba
Fundu101.jpg

4. Beach Bonfire, Pemba
Fundu095.jpg

Back