The ShamblesYork

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
shambles.jpg

I agree. Some will hate the processing but I think it works really well with this subject. Love the light on the wet cobbles and I like how that light alternates up the street. the bit purple in the window adds a nice splash of colour too.

Love it, nice and atmospheric. Can imagine Harry Potter appearing any moment. (y)

Great shot. Though I'd love to see it in monochrome.

processing is a bit OTT but it works in this image.

Another vote for ott processing but pulled off quite nicely. What did you do to it and how did you get the street so deserted? Every time I've been there it has been mobbed.

I like the over-processed look except for the sky - makes it appear grainy - if this was darker then it would be much better.

Mick

Lovely shot. The processing works for me although I'd turn the lights down just a touch!

I have a black and white copy that I took a few years ago that is very similar but had a couple of people in it as it was during the day. I'm guessing yours was a late evening shot?

I am an avid disliker of this style of processing, the detail and colours are exagerated, everything is OTT. But, gee, it works so well in this picture, I really like it and cant fault it. You have captured so much atmposhere, and as has been said, a Dickensian feel too. I would go as far as saying I could see this framed and on a wall. Very well done indeed (y)

Love the composition and processing :)

Back