The smallest Poo

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Well, that grabbed your attention then didn't it?

And here is you think surely nobody in their right mind would post a photo of some poo...

And then I arrived.

Springtails are tiny yeeny creatures, that you'll find in the garden and especially in the garden at night. This is one of the largest ones you'll spot - and one of the longest jumpers too.

This one is the Orchesella villosa variety. Size is about 4mm long. And that obviously means that the poo is gonna be small.

I may be totally wrong of course, that what is at the back end of this little leaper isn't actually poo at all, but some bit of soil or similar, but to be honest, it kinda looks like poo.

And on top of all that, it has a nice hairstyle as well

WDYT?

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2009:10:29 22:15:34
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160)
Aperture: f/9.0
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

Paul.

Well, that grabbed your attention then didn't it?
And here is you think surely nobody in their right mind would post a photo of some poo...
And then I arrived. TOO LATE MATE... ;)

Ahem... :nono: ... what do you think THIS is then... :cautious: ...and posted a week ago... :naughty:

And mine is well bigger than yours... :LOL:

Great image by the way Paul... (y)

:p

Ahem... :nono: ... what do you think THIS is then... :cautious: ...and posted a week ago... :naughty:

And mine is well bigger than yours... :LOL:

Great image by the way Paul... (y)

Thank you Rog... :clap:

I think finding this deposit was a greater challenge than your buffalo... size wise anyway. Mind you, I wouldn't want to be close to Buff Doo's :)

Paul.

Thank you Rog... :clap:
I think finding this deposit was a greater challenge than your buffalo... size wise anyway. Mind you, I wouldn't want to be close to Buff Doo's :)
Paul.

;)

Anyone who takes a photograph of doos has to have a poo screw loose poo... :wacky: ... whatever the size... :naughty:

3d-funny-eyes.gif

Heheheh.

Paul.

Well I would like to say that its a cr@p photo ..........................I would like to say that, but actually its very good.

Dave .....

Thanks Dave, I guess it shows that even the oddest views can be of interest.

Paul.

Your patience astounds me Paul! Cracking result! I dont believe I have ever seen one of these! How on earth did you spot it?!?!?!?

Rob

Your patience astounds me Paul! Cracking result! I dont believe I have ever seen one of these! How on earth did you spot it?!?!?!?

Rob

Thanks Rob.

They are actaully very common, and in the late evening and at night, if you have any old housebricks/rubble etc in the garden, examine it and the likelihood is you'll find various members of the Collembola family. :)

Paul.

:LOL: that's a hairy poo :LOL:

great job!

Back