The Things We Leave Behind.

Edit My Images
Yes
"Lost, tossed or abandoned. These are the unwanted."

I've been toying with this idea for a while and thought I should at least make an effort to formalise it in some way.

My aim is simple: to document the many things that we throw away or leave behind, whether intentional or not.

The "project" may change as it develops. Who knows? I might even leave it behind. :)

Thanks for looking.

Healthfood
by Box with a button, on Flickr

A balanced diet is essential. The remains of someones evening meal left on a table outside a busy town centre cafe.

Freshly Made

Few things fill quicker than a wheelie bin at a food fayre.

Gothless Sole

One evening soon after New Year's Eve, this lonely boot stands abandoned on a pavement.

Flotsam

Broken buoys, torn nets, smashed pots, fish boxes, tangled ropes and even an old boot. The locals have been busy gathering the flotsam washed up onto this west Anglesey beach by the recent storms.

Last edited:
Haha, brilliant. I'll have a proper look through those sometime. :)

How long have you been running that project for, Ed?

I started photographing balls in 2010, shortly after getting my first DSLR. I'm not sure it's a project TBH, more an exercise that's become a habit!

I started photographing balls in 2010, shortly after getting my first DSLR. I'm not sure it's a project TBH, more an exercise that's become a habit!

Good stuff, that's about one a week on average. Keep it up! (Or should that be 'keepy uppy'?) :)

Back