The Ultimate Backpack, is there such a thing??

Edit My Images
Yes
Is there such a thing???

Right I am in need of a backpack, have recently had a Lowepro 200AW, but just did not find it comfortable, have had various Crumpler shoulder bags, but still not happy.

I am currently using my North Face daypack, camera (40D) with 17-55 f/2.8 lens is in a lowepro top loader, which sits in the main compartment, canon 70-200 f/2.8 sits in it bag next to it. Front compartment has canon flash, diffuser, remote cord, remote shutter spare battteries, CF card. Small front pocket, filters, holder, folding grey card, gloves and sigma lens cloth.

So my question is there a backpack/daypack thats camera specific that is as comfortable and can carry the above, dont need to carry a laptop. Have been into Morris Photo and they carry a vast range from all the popular makes and they all seem very uncomfortable the backs to them are not very ergonomic, all feel like planks of wood.

Your opinions.

Victor

PS. whatever I get would prefer to be able to have the 17-55 mounted with the hood attached

Well I suffer from a bad back and the only ones that I have found that work for me are the Lowepro Vertex range. I've had the 200 and now use the 300. Quite big, but so comfortable for me when going up hills for low level shooting in Wales. Its the only time I use a backpack though. They do a 100 I think.

Kev.

yeah, i have a lowepro 100AW slingshot. Only new to photography, so dont need a HUGE bag yet. it just fits the 450d with 55-250 attached. and then has space for kit lens, 50mm, flashgun. dont think you'd fit anything else in ***! I just keepo the cables and charger in the top pocket, and my P&S in the front pocket.

for me an i deal bag is along the lines of the flipside 300

its secure as all internals are reached through the panel that sits next to your back. Since i like taking walks i need something with even weight distribution over the shoulders, not too big. able to carry a tripod.

When getting gear out of your bag you place it on the front so that the rear stay clean . With the waist belt strap you dont actually need to remove the bag, just take it off your shoulders and rotate round your waist and your gear is easilly accessed.

I just wish they did a 350 as well as the 400 series is too big.
water bottle can be carried and also slip locks accessories can be mounted on the straps

I have the Lowepro 300AW slingshot. I like it.

i've just sold my lowepro nature trekker and replaced it with a lowepro slingshot 200aw upto now i quite like it??

Back