The Ultimate Rock Experience (and I'm getting paid!)

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I started to learn the guitar earlier this year (mid-life crisis and all that) and the place where I'm having lessons run group sessions throughout the year, mainly in school term time. This year they are holding the above event whereby students undergo a 5 day intensive practice session and on the final day they are transported in a stretch limo to a recording studio to cut a disc, from there on to a venue for a live gig. As you can imagine this is heavily subscribed by the kids as it is during the school holidays and is a great experience for them, there is also an adult session for the rest of the aging wannabe rockers. :)

The good news is they have asked me to photograph the final day, practice session, recording time and the gig, and they have agreed to pay me a tidy sum. They will use shots on the website which is currently under construction but I also retain the right to sell any photos via my web site.

The good news is that the fees are due for my guitar lessons around that time (and my sons) and the fee covers that with a bit left over. :banana:

Is this all part of a plan coming together? ;)

Well done on the sales job :)

ooh well done you...my brother has learnt to play the guitar, never heard him play a tune from start to finish yet, which is hard to sing along with and rather frustrating lol...we had great fun at a family get together recently, Barry was on keyboard with my niece and my brother on guitar and the rest of us trying to join in when the music flowed!

Great news, good for you fella, now theres just one more excuse for me to go to the pub tonight, again.

I only started about five months ago so still early days but it really is good fun. None of this learning scales or grades rubbish, just a bunch of forty somethings who want to make some noise. We all swap guitars and some weeks play the bass, we're taught as a group and our first gig is in December. :eek:

Our repetoire to date is:

Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
Sunshine of Your love - Cream/Hendrix
I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
All Right Now - Free

plus a few others 'in development'. I'm not saying we play them well but it is a bloody good laugh when the amps get carnked up!

heh well done Hacker, i dabbled with guitar but never got that far along, small incident involving circular saw and my left hand really kind of knocked it all on the head

i started learning about 2 years ago, i have the most beautiful guitar in the world (USA Strat in cocoa brown with a rosewood fretboard) and i initially started to have lessons with a friend, but after learning so much i stopped getting lessons. i now generally just run through scales and bits of lead but i cant play a single song all the way through, but i only do it for my own enjoyment, i know im not musical, havent been since my clarinet teacher moved and i couldnt get on with the schools teacher so i stopped. im the academic (HA!) one in my family, my sisters the one with the musical talent"!

Meh. Too many strings.

I've played bass for 16 years now. Fave song to play is probably Aeroplane (Chili Peppers) or I am the Resurrection (Stone Roses).

Well done Hacker! My other half plays the guitar - I could listen to him for hours (although sometimes I have no choice :LOL: )

Well done Colin - nothing like gigging experience to notch the guitar-miles up a bit, especially through a cranked valve amp! Fill yer boots, mate, and well done on the photo deal as well!

Let us know when it's all uploaded onto your site so we can all have a gander! (y)

GfK said:
Meh. Too many strings.

I've played bass for 16 years now. Fave song to play is probably Aeroplane (Chili Peppers) or I am the Resurrection (Stone Roses).

Hehehehe! As we say in the band - It's a bass, it's only got 4 strings... How hard can it be??? :thinking: :shrug: :bonk:

Catdaddy said:
Hehehehe! As we say in the band - It's a bass, it's only got 4 strings... How hard can it be??? :thinking: :shrug: :bonk:

Ah hahahhahahahahahahhahahaha! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hacker said:
Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
Sunshine of Your love - Cream/Hendrix
I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
All Right Now - Free

:nono: ... and where is Smoke on The Water?!??!?!

Nice one Colin. Don't forget to share your shots and experiences with us when you're done ;)

I've dabbled with guitar before now (my friend taught me and I used to play a bit when I went round to my dads before he died), but never really sat down to learn properly.

Learning the keyboard now though (y)

Back