The Vulcan 'experience'

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Well seeing the Mighty XH558 flying low through the Valleys of Cumbria was a quite extraordinary event
managed to get upto a high vantage point for its arrival and WOW probably the biggest rush I have had for many years in aviation
I could waffle on all day about it but I wont bore you!!!

on with the pics
602086990_kuC2R-L.jpg

602078735_67Ygr-L.jpg

602081701_LcPs3-L.jpg

602085800_cw3Uj-L.jpg

602079821_kr8WW-XL.jpg

602087318_CvsEG-L.jpg

cheers
Chris

Brilliant set, had it been doing a local airshow ? and how did you know it would be coming through cumbria ??

Excellent. I particularly like the twin trails of hot jet exhaust. Don't know why but the old girl seems like she's just stooging around - though that's reward enough in itself - neither kicking all over the sky nor ripping through on reheat, so I rather like no.3 the most as it looks to me like she's doing something purposeful. The scenery is impressive and I could imagine her like this in the Falklands, climbing out after doing a job. I'm rambling I know. Sentimental mush!!

Last edited:
Brilliant set, had it been doing a local airshow ? and how did you know it would be coming through cumbria ??

Yes it was Windermere airshow which is on every year... but really to call it an airshow is a bit OTT as they usually only get about 4 or 5 visiting aircraft with long spells of waiting etc
but it was there for all to see if you keep in touch in the aviation world
Chris

WOW I cant make up my mind which is the best so better just say they are all just superb

looked again and again and now #6 stands out for me looking at the amazing heat trail out of the 4 jet engines.......superb mate

A lovely set. Where did you take them from (not that I want to blag your spot next year you understand, just trying to learn a little more ............)

All are pretty good shots but 4 & 6 really show off a beautiful machine.
I agree with dangermouse that the jet trails on 6 really make the picture come alive.....

Excellent. I particularly like the twin trails of hot jet exhaust. Don't know why but the old girl seems like she's just stooging around - though that's reward enough in itself - neither kicking all over the sky nor ripping through on reheat, so I rather like no.3 the most as it looks to me like she's doing something purposeful. The scenery is impressive and I could imagine her like this in the Falklands, climbing out after doing a job. I'm rambling I know. Sentimental mush!!

Got to agree with you on a couple of points there but not three...

Vulcan can't reheat....

XH558 never made it to the falklands...

The 'black buck' bombing missions took place at around 10,000 feet...

Apart from that, these are a set of cracking photo's, great vantage point aswell - they almost look like air-to-air photos.

Stunning and the best shots I have ever seen of this aircraft.(y)

A lovely set. Where did you take them from (not that I want to blag your spot next year you understand, just trying to learn a little more ............)

thanks for the comments guys
these were taken on the western banks of Lake Windermere pretty much a case of find a clearing on the tops and fill your boots
as they use pretty much the whole length of Windermere

must add that the small aircraft at the display are far too small to get any decent shots of
cheers
Chris

These are excellent Chris, and I can understand the adrenaline rush :)

Great to bump into you at the filling station thisafter, and yes we will need to arrange an afternoon's shooting.

Great shots - love 3 and 4.

Were Vulcans not used in the Falklands (maybe not this type)?

Damn, I like these! It's like you were just floating in the sky next to it!

Again , Stunning !. It`s an experience just to hear that beautiful bird , but to have the pleasure of producing shots like this , Hard act to follow on you`re next day out ?. Superb . Well done . Thanks for sharing . Ron

Back