The world in IR!

H

Hoodi

I was just outside having a play with my modded compact digi.
I like using it for IR, simply because you can see what you're getting!
As I was naffing around it occured to me that there's that old video function on the compact. So I flicked over to it, and had a play. Here's what I got!

The quality is awful. Beyond awful. And there's a nice big PERLEASE REGISTARRR! tag across the middle. And it's all purple cos' the camera seems to ignore WB setting in video mode. But I still think it's quite interesting.

link!

Clicking on that should start the video streaming in windows media player. If it's not doing that, then download it and then play it. It's about 2MB, so a pain in the arse if you're on dial up (I wouldn't bother to be honest :LOL:).

But yes. Assuming you actually get to watch it and can ignore the "small flaws" you can see cool stuff - like how the corn & runner beans are a nice crisp "white" (purple cast aside) - and how there's oodles of contrast in a sky which is quite dull in "normal" light.

Reminds me of an even lower budget 'Blair Witch Project'

Gandhi said:
Yumes a weird boy really, intcha?
:razz:

OK, looking at it again perhaps it's not very interesting at all. Plus I can't seem to walk straight! :eek:

My Canon DV cam does it and removes the red and its just mainly white. I will have to give it a go sometime and upload it to my space.

Back