They Shoot Horses Don't They....

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
On Sunday I went along as 2nd shooter at a novice horse show with Kerioak and whilst I have the luxury of not having to do the processing/selling afterwards, she has been kind enough to let me keep the ones I took. I have briefly processed a couple. The day was mainly wet, very wet or just plain miserable weather wise, but despite that I loved it and would like to do a lot more of this kind of event.

Anyway, here we go...

#1 - this is basically straight off camera, only cropped and shrunk for web, just to give an idea of the weather and visibility. Most of these picture were shot between ISO 250 - 400, 1/250 @ F4, Sigma 50-150f2.8 + 1.4TC

WGI_6407.jpg

#2 - already looking for the next fence

WGI_6467.jpg

#3 - big horse, little pink fence

WGI_6457.jpg

#4 - flying through the air

WGI_6477.jpg

#5 - oh boy did it rain

WGI_6609.jpg

#6 - Smile!

WGI_6717.jpg

TFL ;)

Last edited:
Great set of pics, that weather certainly looks grim. 2 for me, that expression of focus and concentration.

Just out of interest, where was the show?

I only ask as I was running car parking at a horse show on Sunday in equally disgusting weather! I doubt it was the same show though but you never know!

Great set of pics though, love em!

Rob

Dormansland near lingfield?

The field was quite sloped. Were you in a red van with an awning off the side showing pics off macs?

This could be a small world!

Last edited:
Oh ok! LOL!! only 25 miles south of where I was LOL!

I sympathise with your experience of the weather. I was out in it from 7 till 7 marshalling horseboxes and pushnig them out the mud! :bang:

Looks like you did a cracking job there LL. (y)

I like no.6 Looks like you weren't the only one to enjoy the day.

nothing wrong with that lot LL :) A couple of the backgrounds could be cleaner but it's not always possible at that sort of venue, good job :)

nothing wrong with that lot LL :) A couple of the backgrounds could be cleaner but it's not always possible at that sort of venue, good job :)

sadly it wasnt, bacially we had access to 2 or 1 side of each ring, mainly due to them being flanked by the field hedges and each other, so we were trying to get clean backgrounds where possible but very much a losing battle.

Thanks again for comments, I really did enjoy myself despite the back ache, foot ache, etc :LOL:

Yep that looks like Pretty crap weather Yvonne!
you did well there in adverse conditions (y)
#5 (y) because it shows what condition the rider (s) were having to contend with
6 (y) for the grin factor and the fact that it really is a nice sharp image

Great set Yvonne in adverse conditions it seems! Loving #6 especially - you've caught a ray of sunshine in the gloom there :)

(y) number 6 has a small story behind it. I have other shots of her and in every one she is looking down as the pony jumps. Her friends were stood next me and calling out for her to keep her head up. One called 'look up and smile for the camera', and she did. Her friends were chuffed to bits and I got a good shot. :D

The full range of shots from the day are now on Christines website HERE ;)

Last edited:
I dont envy you in that weather, you did really well to get these shots, I especially like the first one it sets the scene and the last one a great smile, she looks like she has had a great day. (y)

Back